Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Classification And Value Of Errors On The Lincoln Cent,

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2017  5:17 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Michael Lueders to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So, I am looking for this book by Jean Cohen. Does anyone have it for sale please? Thank you
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
773 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2017  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What's the name of the book?
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2017  03:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michael Lueders to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
luvmyCAM: as per the heading of this thread- The Classification and Value of Errors on The Lincoln Cent By Jean Cohen. Thanks. Seems hard to find....
Edited by Michael Lueders
11/06/2017 03:19 am
Learn More...
United States
24955 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2017  07:27 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a self-published book, thus there are not that many copies around. You said you want to buy one, but the ANA and various libraries around the country have reference copies.
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2017  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michael Lueders to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks nss-52. At this point I am not a member of ANA, and the nearest library that has a copy is about 200 mile away. Personally I'd prefer to own the book to go with my other hard copy books in my reference library. Figured I have nothign to lose and potentially find someone with the book who is prepared to part with it. There were 1000 copies made, so there is a small chance one may peek its head from under the covers for me 8-)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2038 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2017  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 11997755 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are hard to find. I manage to get a hold of one off Amazon, number 896. Paid about $300.00 for it. All you can do is keep checking web sites that sell this kind of stuff and hope one pops up.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3300 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2017  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Remember the rules about buying and selling on the forum. You need the right number of posts.
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2017  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michael Lueders to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. 11997755 and oriole.
Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2017  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JC Stevens to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just keep checking they show up every now and then.
CONECA now has the coins and the copyright for Jean Cohen's collection. Sorry to say they have never done anything with it.
She cataloged, illustrated and listed all kinds of errors, some of which we now call varieties, on the Lincoln Cents from 1909 through 1969. Her book the 1969 edition of "THE CLASSIFICATION AND VALUE OF ERRORS ON THE Lincoln CENT" is a must have for any collector of Lincoln Cent Errors and Varieties.
I've started a log to see how many of the signed copies of "THE FIRST PRINTING OF THE FIRST EDITIONS" that were limited to 1,000 copies I can locate. If you have a signed copy what number is it? I have the location of 32 of the books and another 33 that are in Public Libraries in the US but I cannot confirm the numbers on these. To my knowledge none of these are for sale.
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2017  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michael Lueders to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks JC Stevens, IF I find one, I will update you. I want this as part of my reference library. The nearest library that has a copy to me is Dallas TX, nearly 200 mile away, not sure if I will make it there, but if so I will see if I can view the book and let you know what its number is.
Learn More...
United States
24955 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2017  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some libraries have sharing agreements. Perhaps your local library can get it on loan for you to borrow. It does not hurt to ask.
Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2017  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JC Stevens to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are an ANA member you can check out the book by mail from their library.

https://www.money.org/library
Learn More...
United States
23520 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2017  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Chances are ANA membership costs less than the book would, if you find it....keep it in mind if your search ends up unsuccessful.
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2017  12:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michael Lueders to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks SsuperDdave, I realise that is the case, but I wish to have a hard copy for my reference library that I am building. I've been a bookwork most of my life and as nice as it is to get a loan of a book, some you want within reach in the comfort of your own private castle.... 8-)
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2017  01:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michael Lueders to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still looking 8-)
Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2017  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JC Stevens to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check out this new listing on the bay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-classi...AOSwk-1aIKdL
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05