Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Well, I Won It. But It Didn't Come Cheap!

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2017  9:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13096 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2017  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
She is a beaut though. Congrats on the pick-up!
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2017  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joseph_curwen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a dazzling coin.

-Jos. Curwen, Gent.
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2017  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cleatis87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Buyer's remorse will fade with time
Pillar of the Community
United States
1098 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2017  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MikeF, Congrats on winning this one!

but, you're right in that it didn't go cheap. I'm sure that Heritage is very happy.
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2017  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful half - at times, over spending is worth it in the long run!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3058 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2017  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It sure is beautiful though!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8229 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2017  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It works like this,

I have some really knockout coins I spent some larger dollar figures on.

Sometimes I get a bit depressed thinking about those figures, and wonder what the heck I was thinking, putting that kind of money into a piece of metal,

...but then I take them out, and the light catches one of them just-so -- and I remember why I spent that money, and I don't feel quite nearly so bad about it.
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
United States
7088 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2017  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
1587 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2017  12:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on snagging that gorgeous coin! I would never get tired looking at it.
Valued Member
United States
313 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2017  01:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Centsei to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've never used this word for a coin, but that thing is just plain cool. It is a work of art, a piece of history, and a magnificent example of numismatic quality.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
452 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2017  02:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coopertron5000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one, MikeF - wonderful example, well worth the money!
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15877 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2017  03:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Buyer's remorse:-

It is a bit like love:
"Like getting your finger jammed in the back of a door:
it hurts for a while, but you will get over it.

In fantastic condition.
The dark patina will stand out in a collection of much whiter coins.
Probably best to get it slabbed, because the color contrast will be ameliorated somewhat. Also will help to protect it from nicks and scratches.
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2017  03:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michael Lueders to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice score!

(BTW re: your signature- Next week Never comes.... Hehehehehe)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29456 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2017  04:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow,nice. You should be proud to be its caretaker for a while
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
7793 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2017  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that is probably the nicest toned Bust Half I've ever seen!

You better get it in a slab, fast!
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/328488
ANA: 3183215
Edited by CoinCollector2012
11/15/2017 09:44 am
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05