Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Subforum For Checks, Stocks, Bonds?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
368 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2017  12:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A good illustration of why stocks and bonds would be of interest to this forum. Nice vignette, Les.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2628 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2017  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that cheque collecting needs a lot of promotion-if it is as dead as I am hearing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1274 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2017  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add techwriter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another example of American enterprise and energy
=====

=====
Oh, by the way, did you notice the ERROR on this?
Hint: check the spelling of "carriage"
Edited by techwriter
12/02/2017 09:45 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1274 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2017  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add techwriter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

=====

=====
Background
In 1874, Leland Stanford set out to promote the idea of a cable car for California Street, the principal ascent of Nob Hill from the east, with a more reasonable grade than Clay Street. In 1876, in collaboration with several associates in the Central Pacific Railroad, he secured the franchise, and construction was begun on July 5, 1877. The line ran between Kearney Street at the foot of Nob Hill to Fillmore Street in the Western Addition, a distance of about 1.7 miles, and a power house, designed by W.W. Hanscom, was put in at Larkin Street. Initially, the line operated with 25 grip cars and trailers built by the Kimball Manufacturing Company and the Central Pacific shops.
Edited by techwriter
12/02/2017 2:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1274 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2017  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add techwriter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not checks, or stocks, or bonds but what examples of American manufacturing and industry.
=====

===============

Valued Member
United States
368 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2017  01:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't really intend this to become a topic unto itself, just a poll to gauge interest. I'm not sure there's a consensus, but it does seem like there's a majority opinion that a sub-forum would be worthwhile. Let's see if any administrators agree...
Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
19988 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is on probation. It will be reevaluated in a few months, if the activity doesn't warrant it, we will go back the way it was. It wasn't a very good start when I only found 8 topics to move there.

If anyone finds any more please use the Report this Post to the Staff link to let us know,
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39267 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kind of expected that.
Valued Member
United States
368 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hurray! I'm happy to see the new sub-forum and I'll do my best to post some topics of interest. I suspect there were few posts to move over because there was no home for them to begin with.

Also, there's been a GREAT deal of interest in one particular check thread:
http://goccf.com/t/178681
Edited by GregAlex
12/12/2017 5:30 pm
Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If anyone finds any more please use the Report this Post to the Staff link to let us know,
Yes. Feel free to dig deep into the archives and use the "Report this Post to the Staff" link (lower right corner of every post) to let us know it needs moved.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05