Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

One of my finds published, Thanks Mr. Diamond !  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
916 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  5:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Mr. Diamond used one of my finds in his recent Collectors Clearinghouse articles for Coin World. The article was about cracked and peeling plating on cents from 1982 on. I was lucky that the unusual cracked plating of this 1989 cent fit his article. Many thanks Mr. Diamond !

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2492 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations Stoneman! That's awesome to have your coin featured in his article!
Errors And Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1968 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool, congrats on making head ways in publication with your find.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5252 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So that rippling effect that was just asked about yesterday or day before is a cracked/stretched plating issue? Is this during plating itself and rolling of stock before blanking? (Don't have access to articles.)
FREE! Coin IDing For Dummies Vol. 1, "The Minting process and Doubled Dies", in PDF format!
AND Now NEW!
Coin IDing for Dummies Vol. 2, "Error coins and More!", in PDF Format!
Both are here: http://goccf.com/t/296596

"Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace."
James Madison
Pillar of the Community
United States
714 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldJoeClark to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats
Learn More...
United States
48703 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations!
Pillar of the Community
United States
916 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all !
Crazyb0 , Other than it's not PSD and some of the deeper cracks go through the plating , the how and the why are still unknown. I sent the coin to Mr. Diamond because it was such a "unique", his term, form of cracked plating. Mine was one of four examples of plating errors shown in the article.
I think your explanation on the previous post was a good one.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6621 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's pretty amazing to find a coin that ends up as part of that article.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
20445 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very neat. It's cool to be in CoinWorld. I am in there about 5 times.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1968 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
stoneman,
How about a link to that Article for everyone to read up on.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10571 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sincere congratulations. That's wonderful for you to have taken the time to help spread knowledge.

That's what most of us are here for.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4648 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome news!
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry Tudor (the lawyer not the king)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
922 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
congrats!! And very special coin you got there.

First time seeing cracked plating.
"Wisdom is not a product of schooling
but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein

I have a CONTEST going on right now! Win CCF Token, Morgan or Peace dollar, and Franklin half.

http://goccf.com/t/301981
Pillar of the Community
United States
916 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Goodness, thank you all !
Chase , Mr Diamond sent me a copy of the article to see. In trying to look it up I just now realized it is in the upcoming edition of Coin World.
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2017  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lmwstamps to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on "being publshed".
Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2017  02:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rlewis87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05