Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cook Islands Blizabeth  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Australia
6 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  03:44 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add davjenn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have this Cook Islands Capricorn Commemoration Coin that is spelt Blizabeth II. Is this a rare coin and worth getting authenticated?

Pillar of the Community
United States
815 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  08:18 am  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It appears to be a token of private manufacture. Note no face value is indicated.
Still trying to complete my Dansco 7000.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1579 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  10:22 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suspect that the URL should not be posted here, but I found this on a website of items from China. It is 24kt gold plated. This is an interesting, and not at all surprising mistake on their part, but not worth anything.
Edited by BigSilver
12/07/2017 10:23 am
Learn More...
Australia
12704 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suspect the Chinese fake-makers are trying to bump up the value of their "products" by deliberately creating spelling errors like this.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4601 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2017  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@davjenn, sorry but I agree with the others. You almost certainly have a fake coin with virtually zero value--if it were me, I'd try to return this to the seller and get back my purchase price.
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry VIII
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2017  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lmwstamps to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with others comments. The way the topic is presented is also not consistent with how many nations would like to be seen.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05