Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1920 S Lincoln Wheat Cent, Possible DDO, or MD, or PMD  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
200 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  1:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add truman1404 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Needed an opinion on whether this might be a DDO or the usual PMD or MD.
Thanks for looking,
Mitch

(I think I nailed the Title this time) It it Important!!

Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add truman1404 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some more pics.
Might help.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
21950 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7577 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Notice how the metal "mushroom tops" have formed on LIBERTY, the width is smashed down metal, just PMD, wear actually.
“I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.”
James Madison
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
24450 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, I really don't see much of anything.
"The value of something is what you can sell it for the same day you bought it."

Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add truman1404 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys, those old coins are tougher for me
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21950 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The close up of the date has some interest to me.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14273 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't tell. So I won't just toss an MD up.
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  07:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add truman1404 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I’ll take some clearer pics on Monday and hopefully we can come up with a consensus.

Thanks again
Mitch
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28313 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2018  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I doublt that is this hub doubling. As already mentioned, the flattening of the devices are probably to blame for these devices during circulation. The coin looks pinkish in color telling that it was cleaned. (reduced the value when this happens, as it removes a layer of the copper off both sides of the coin. Wexler is the only one listing a DDO this year and it is on an eyelid. Just one image on the site. So the jury thinks it is just coin damage from circulation.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2018  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add truman1404 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking the LIBERTY is machine doubling and the date is just damaged. It might have been cleaned, the first pic is a good representation of the color. the rest I lighted a bit in an attempted to show detail. Thanks,

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05