Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bicentennial dollars, Susan B Anthony, and Kennedy half dollars?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  02:08 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BigHead72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I got into a trade awhile back and ended up with quiet a few 1776-1976 Eisenhower dollars, Susan B Anthony coins and 71 and current Kennedy half dollars. I basically got them thrown in on the trade. I normally just keep coins that are gold or silver only. Should I keep them, sell them, or keep a few of the better condition ones and sell the rest? From my understanding they are worth right at face value?
Learn More...
United States
59080 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  02:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

When it comes to Ikes, I am a bit biased and would suggest you keep all of them.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7568 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  02:37 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

If any of the 1976 Ikes or Kennedys (if you have them) have an S mintmark, they are 40% silver. I can't say much else without specific pics of coins.
irony n. the opposite of wrinkly

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14176 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  04:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
f any of the 1976 Ikes or Kennedys (if you have them) have an S mintmark, they are 40% silver.

Only some of them would be silver. If they are business strikes they would be silver but proofs come as either clad or 40% silver.
Gary Schmidt
Edited by Conder101
01/14/2018 04:09 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4133 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  04:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3413 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  05:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You might save the Ike's, spend the rest!
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...reluctantly

Roll hunting since '77
Pillar of the Community
United States
3390 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can still occasionally pick up Ikes at the bank, and spend them (they're great for restaurant tipping) unless they're 40%'ers or absolutely BU with virtually no contact marks. Same protocol for post-1964 Kennedys. I won't take or use SBA's ("Carter's Quarters"), period.

Colligo ergo sum
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15652 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stick them in a jar and hide them. Emergency money if you need it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8430 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2018  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF and
Learn More...
United States
59080 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2018  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Only some of them would be silver. If they are business strikes they would be silver but proofs come as either clad or 40% silver.
For 1976 correct. The three coin sets (uncirculated and proof) were 40% silver. The normal proof sets (minted in 1975 and 1976, but dual dated 1776-1976) were clad proof.

For what it is worth, all S-mint Ikes struck in 1971 and 1972 are 40% silver. There were no Cu-Ni clad proof Ikes stuck those two years. First clad proof Ikes came in 1973.
Valued Member
United States
406 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ljenkins990 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you don't want to keep them, take the ones that are only worth around face value and spend them in such a way that young'uns might get ahold of them. Might get a few new coin collectors started that way! I'd be willing to bet that 99% of kids today have never even seen an Ike or a Susie B, and probably almost as many have never seen a Kennedy half.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05