Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bicentennial dollars, Susan B Anthony, and Kennedy half dollars?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  02:08 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BigHead72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I got into a trade awhile back and ended up with quiet a few 1776-1976 Eisenhower dollars, Susan B Anthony coins and 71 and current Kennedy half dollars. I basically got them thrown in on the trade. I normally just keep coins that are gold or silver only. Should I keep them, sell them, or keep a few of the better condition ones and sell the rest? From my understanding they are worth right at face value?
Learn More...
United States
55950 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  02:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

When it comes to Ikes, I am a bit biased and would suggest you keep all of them.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6767 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  02:37 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

If any of the 1976 Ikes or Kennedys (if you have them) have an S mintmark, they are 40% silver. I can't say much else without specific pics of coins.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13834 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  04:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
f any of the 1976 Ikes or Kennedys (if you have them) have an S mintmark, they are 40% silver.

Only some of them would be silver. If they are business strikes they would be silver but proofs come as either clad or 40% silver.
Gary Schmidt
Edited by Conder101
01/14/2018 04:09 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3210 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  04:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3332 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  05:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You might save the Ike's, spend the rest!
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...reluctantly

Roll hunting since '77
Pillar of the Community
United States
3275 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can still occasionally pick up Ikes at the bank, and spend them (they're great for restaurant tipping) unless they're 40%'ers or absolutely BU with virtually no contact marks. Same protocol for post-1964 Kennedys. I won't take or use SBA's ("Carter's Quarters"), period.

Colligo ergo sum
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14730 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2018  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stick them in a jar and hide them. Emergency money if you need it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8222 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2018  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF and
Learn More...
United States
55950 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2018  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Only some of them would be silver. If they are business strikes they would be silver but proofs come as either clad or 40% silver.
For 1976 correct. The three coin sets (uncirculated and proof) were 40% silver. The normal proof sets (minted in 1975 and 1976, but dual dated 1776-1976) were clad proof.

For what it is worth, all S-mint Ikes struck in 1971 and 1972 are 40% silver. There were no Cu-Ni clad proof Ikes stuck those two years. First clad proof Ikes came in 1973.
Valued Member
United States
406 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ljenkins990 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you don't want to keep them, take the ones that are only worth around face value and spend them in such a way that young'uns might get ahold of them. Might get a few new coin collectors started that way! I'd be willing to bet that 99% of kids today have never even seen an Ike or a Susie B, and probably almost as many have never seen a Kennedy half.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05