Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1916 Finland 50 Penniä  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3273 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  6:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Finland was under Russian rule at this time.

A small coin at just over 18 mm in diameter, with a bit over 4¾ million struck for this year in .750 fine silver. Note the four prominent peripheral die cracks on the obverse, plus one more running up above the "50" on the reverse.

To judge from the published pricing scales for this issue, it mustn't be too difficult to find them in uncirculated condition.

Colligo ergo sum
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
25283 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you consider this uncirculated?
"The value of something is what you can sell it for the same day you bought it."

Pillar of the Community
United States
3273 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm really hard pressed to see any high point wear, and the luster's a bit better than the photos might suggest. But even if it were to grade AU instead of UNC, we'd be talking about a difference of, like, a whole $1 in value....

Colligo ergo sum
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
390 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, last few years are very common in high grades. Sometimes it can be difficult to tell AU vs MS for these coins. They can have weak strikes or grease filled dies that might look like wear. See the scepter on this coin as an example. Die cracks are also common, especially from the edge to the orb, but its fun to see examples with multiple cracks like this one
Pillar of the Community
United States
1668 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  07:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for showing us some Finnish silver!

The few pieces I have are earlier and well circulated. This is a nice example of how good they can look.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Edited by thq
01/17/2018 07:32 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1445 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2018  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking coin!
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA Number: 3178122
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05