Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1903 s morgan grade and variety if there is one?!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
159 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2018  4:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add steviegetz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey, this was a part of my grandpops collection, I'm looking for opinions on the grade and if there is a variety. I think its a better date but this is an area I dont study too often. Thanks!

Valued Member
Canada
487 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2018  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
S is for San Francisco mint. As a rough estimate of this coins value you can assume this coin in average condition will be valued at somewhere around $208, while one in certified mint state (MS+) condition could bring as much as $12,952.

Yours from what I can see and in my opinion is AU. Giving it a value of $1000 to $2000 dollars. Follow the link below and you can make your own assessment. I cant see the luster in this coin to give it a MS grade. I would get it slabbed. Nice coin.

https://www.thespruce.com/how-to-gr...llars-768394
Pillar of the Community
United States
1281 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2018  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chute72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I cannot match the VAM. Mint mark looks like it is set further left than the others I looked at.
It's either a rare and amazing discovery or it isn't.
Fields look a little porous, but I'm no expert on that stuff.
Valued Member
United States
241 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2018  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rynegold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say if genuine, it's a VF-30 as a grade. It won't even come close to an AU coin. Still a tough date/mm. Nice coin! Most problem free (i.e. NOT labeled on the slab as 'scratched,whizzed,cleaned, etc...) are bringing aroung $200ish as graded slabbed coins. Here's a VF-35 that just sold this spring on Heritage for $180.

regards, mitch

https://dyn1.heritagestatic.com/lf?...uct.chain%5D
Edited by rynegold
02/08/2018 4:21 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05