Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A small (well maybe not so) project I'm working on to document my VAMS  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2719 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2018  11:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Those who know me through this awesome site know that Vamming has become an obsession for me. Yes I have times when I move on to other areas of my collection but Morgan and Peace dollars probably would be called my passion. I've got a fairly large website where I maintain and track all of my coins and in the morgan and Peace dollar section there is information about the VAM on each coin (thank you VAMWORLD!).

Well I decided that I would branch from each of those pages into a page that tries to show the coin in LARGE size so that it is easier to see all the details of the given coin and hopefully show the markers of why it is the VAM that it is. Below is a sample of the pages I'm building and any thoughts or ideas my fellow collectors might have would be greatly appreciated. To see the super size image (obverse and reverse) just click the image of the coin itself. Click on it a second time to return it to it's normal size. If you're running on slow internet please forgive me as this might take a while but the wait is worth it in my opinion. Please let me know your thoughts and ideas.

Thank you in advance! Here is a link to one of the pages.

http://sbcoins.net/vam-project/1887-v12.html
ANA Member 3171274
Vamming? What's that?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7401 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2018  01:36 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's really nice and your images are excellent!

I can see the "Alligator Eye" without clicking to make the image larger, but I'm sure that would be useful for other VAMs and viewers.

I like how simple it is and that the coin itself is the obvious highlight of the page...no distractions.

Edit: as far as loading, I'm using my phone with a mid-range 4G signal strength (2-3 bars & rural) and it was perfectly fine with no noticeable lag.
Bad puns make me [sic].

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Edited by spruett001
02/07/2018 01:39 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2719 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2018  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Spruett001. That great to hear about the load time. You are correct, some of the vams are plainly visible and there won't be a need to enlarge others will absolutely need to be enlarged. Thanks for looking and for the comments.
ANA Member 3171274
Vamming? What's that?
Edited by srs77
02/07/2018 09:05 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1281 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2018  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Check Chute72's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chute72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that's great.
Nothing compares with photos for documenting evidence.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05