Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Mint marks on 2018 Cents?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1751 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  09:23 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BadToTheBone to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What is the story now with mint mark on Cents? Has any one seen any for 2018!
Pillar of the Community
United States
900 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scurry64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't seen any yet, but my understanding is that, going forward, cents minted in Philadelphia will no longer contain a P mint mark. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1052 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  10:13 am  Show Profile   Check shotgung's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The mint added a mint mark ("P") to the 2017 Lincoln cents manufactured in Philadelphia to celebrate the 225th anniversary of the founding of the United States Mint. The tradition of not having a mint mark on Lincoln cents made and Philadelphia will resume with the production of 2018 dated Lincoln cents.

Info I found
Heading to Kilimanjaro June 30th, the first of my 7 Summit attempt
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10263 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  10:54 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think they should continue it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
25196 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For me, only "D" so far.
"The value of something is what you can sell it for the same day you bought it."

Pillar of the Community
United States
4070 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think 2017 was just a one time for the anniversary.
Pillar of the Community
United States
989 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looky here, no mint mark!
http://goccf.com/t/307855
Learn More...
United States
55813 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3242 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't seen any 2018 cents yet, but I think that they have no mint mark for Philadelphia.

Where I live, most of the cents are from the 60s/70s/80s, and Shield cents are not nearly as common as Memorial cents. I have only ever seen one 2017 cent in circulation.
Collector of all classic US coinage.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16429 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought the P on Cents was a Mint error with the tail added on the bottom of the D.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
1052 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Check shotgung's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went and picked up two boxes of pennies w/ hopes of being 2018's. Not happening today
Heading to Kilimanjaro June 30th, the first of my 7 Summit attempt
Learn More...
United States
12568 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3 2018 Cents in today's change. No mint mark.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Learn More...
United States
55813 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
3 2018 Cents in today's change. No mint mark.
Nice finds!
Pillar of the Community
United States
673 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05