Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972-P Nickel, Major Lamination  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2228 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  11:23 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good Sunday morning everyone, before going out to start shoveling tons of Snow ( suburb of Chicago),as I had promised wanted to share with you this great Lam on 1972 Nickel.( another one for Coinmasters Archives)

Edited by Chase007
02/11/2018 5:14 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
22579 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"The value of something is what you can sell it for the same day you bought it."

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5688 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! It sorta looks a little like you can see Jefferson's maxillofacial bone structure where the lam has peeled away.
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry Tudor (the lawyer not the king)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3471 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome pickup! I love that one. It is mouth drooling!
Errors And Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1195 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newbie234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like Spence is a dental surgeon! Very nice find! I'd love to come across something like that!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5688 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sounds like Spence is a dental surgeon

Nope, but I play one on TV.
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry Tudor (the lawyer not the king)
Pillar of the Community
United States
851 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that is major
Pillar of the Community
United States
2228 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone.just got back in from digging us out of snow,been snowing everyday since last week getting close to two feet by now!
BEFORE:

TODAY

Spence, now that you've mentioned, it does resemble facial Skeleton,so we will call it,Skeletor Lam
Edited by Chase007
02/11/2018 2:46 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26907 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We have liquid snowmen here.:
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
02/11/2018 2:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2228 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LOL,
I would have loved to be in AZ right now!!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26907 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In the car we sometimes run the heater and the AC the same day. Jacket in the morning and sometimes in the evening. But tanning weather the rest of the day.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
2228 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's pretty cool, a good friend of mine live's in Tuscan.a beautiful place.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5751 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Check CoinMasters's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CoinMasters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I spent eight weeks in the Mojabi desert as part of my military training. An awesome Lam once again, Chase.
Thanks for the honorable mention Chase. I am trying to get an E-file for every error and variety. Maybe for publication one day, maybe not. As impressive as your nickel is, I have decided to keep this one. I doubt I'll ever replace it.
Beauty is in the eye of the holder
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Coins-Paper...rne0&_sop=10
To discern fact from opinion, is to question.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2228 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coinmasters,

The honor is mine,have been enjoying your knowledge and teaching since I became a member of this Forum.
I don't blame you because between the Nickel and the Cent, the Cent is definitely my favorite!
Did you notice this one I posted a while ago 1948 LWC with a very interesting Lam.
http://goccf.com/t/308238
Edited by Chase007
02/11/2018 7:31 pm
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add antmark3d to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really nice find people!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2228 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you antmark.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05