Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1902-O Morgan Vam Help Needed  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2719 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  12:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is an encapsulated NGC MS-63 coin that I have been unable to come up with a VAM. The only strange item I can find is on the reverse above the first "L" in dollar there is a dot. I cannot find any reference to a dot in VAMWORLD for 02-O morgans. With my age I could certainly be missing it but it does appear to be a doubled profile (to me) but I just can't locate markers to identify it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Being laid up after back surgery I'm getting restless, can you tell?

Thanks again for your considerations...
ANA Member 3171274
Vamming? What's that?
Pillar of the Community
United States
8218 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I came up empty the first pass as well. I checked all the C4/C3 reverse/ normal date listings. I'll give it another pass later.
Member SSDC
Pillar of the Community
United States
2719 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dave it’s appreciated. I’m at a bit of a loss on this one.
ANA Member 3171274
Vamming? What's that?
Valued Member
United States
169 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VAMsforMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The "dot" above the first L of DOLLAR looks like PMD (hit) to me. I would ignore that and concentrate on other markers. I would suggest you look at the VAM-38A.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2719 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you vsmsformoney. In all of my viewing of this coin I never noticed the tongue on the front of the two. I think you might have nailed it!
ANA Member 3171274
Vamming? What's that?
Valued Member
United States
169 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VAMsforMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, your coin has several PUPs for the V38A. Take it to the bank so to speak. Glad I could help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2719 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  07:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VFM.. you, Dave700x and Ssuperddave are just some of the reasons this site is so incredible.. Thanks again!
ANA Member 3171274
Vamming? What's that?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05