Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Three 1968 S Cents no information found on one of them

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
22 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  2:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add myshipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***

Okay guys I have 3 1968 San Francisco Lincoln cents
Two of them clearly have the fluted bulb bottom of the Mint mark
The third one ain't supposed to exist and that year if you also look at the 6 in the 9 the one is different from the other 2 also could use your help I can't find no information on it and I hope you won't be disappointed in the images I had to crop them and compress them also if you look at the mini-mart it kind of looks like an eight where there's an inverted s underneath tell me what you think

Learn More...
United States
13273 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You should include the date, mintmark, and the denomination in your titles.

Why Topic Titles are Important

The title of your topic is very important. Let's say you need help attributing an 1896 Morgan Dollar....

• Horrendous: Help!

• Bad: Need help with coin

• Better: Need help with Morgan Dollar

• Good: Need help with 1896 Morgan Dollar

• Awesome: Need help with VAM on 1896 Morgan Dollar

This enables the members with expertise pertaining to your question to easily find and answer your question. The title of the topic also becomes the title of the topic's web page, which enables us to attract more collectors to the site. The more members we have, the more we learn.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28246 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We'll need much sharper pics, please!

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The complete coin photo not just the parts of interest, should be made available.

I'm also a little confused about what you are seeing.

Post one coin and tell us what you see.

United States
22 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  12:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add myshipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see two coins with same Mint mark style with the bulb end and blunt end numerals.
They are the correct MM,s
I looked up the MM style for that year
And RPM AND DDO

The other coin has sharp numbers and serif block end and serif is split and shows a DDO BUT can't tell if s over s s over inverted s because it looks like a 8 at times and depending on how I positioned my phone it also looks like s over d because from what I found that MMS-008 the tall Mm on the 2 are correct the double punch MMS-009 she shown on the other 68 wasn't used or supposed to be used until 1974 so it's somebody to shed some light I would appreciate it

United States
22 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  04:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add myshipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay guys I stand corrected after researching all night I found this link which shows the design varieties 468 + 69 that's mint mark and number style was supposed to start in 69 you can see what the other two are in the same link of the 68 so from what I'm seeing I believe one of those 68 asses is using a 69. Variety again correct me if I'm wrong

http://varietyvista.com/01b%20LC%20...201969-S.htm

1969-S DDO-001
1-O-I-CCW
FS-101 (028)
For the one coin

1969-S DDO-002
2-O-V-CW from K-9
For the other two coins

Edited by myshipper
02/14/2018 02:00 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
31881 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You do realize the 1968-S DDO-005, PR-5-O-II-C coin is a proof coin?
http://varietyvista.com/01b%20LC%20...8SDDO005.htm
Your coins are all business strike coins.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add myshipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I realized that last night I was going to post the new link to copper coins website they show completely that 1968 only had one mint mark for that year no other one that was on all business strikes and proofs and it shows every mint mark Style and the mint mark style that I'm showing on one of the three in the pictures I posted one of the three pictures has it didn't work. starts in 74 please review this link

http://Lincolncentresource.com/San_..._Styles.html
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05