Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1934 P Peace Dollar Grade

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,162Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
169 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2018  9:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add cboyera to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Cartwheel is there but some light toning set in on the obverse making me scratch my head a bit. AU / UNC / Slider , Original / Wiped ... what you all think?

Pillar of the Community
United States
7649 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2018  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
63-64. looks like it may have been wiped lightly in the left reverse field. not enough to details. obverse looks nice.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2018  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not the most ideal pics but I'll take your word for it on the luster. ms-64
Pillar of the Community
United States
9476 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2018  01:11 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you've got a 1934-D there. The D is faint, on the reverse under the right side of the "O" in ONE. It sure looks like a D to me anyway.

I agree the coin looks 63 shot 64.
ANA #R3154474
Valued Member
United States
169 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2018  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cboyera to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know exactly what you are looking at because I was hoping it would be an "S" but under a loupe there is nothing there.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52124 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2018  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree 63, possibly 64.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8136 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2018  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63
Sets in progress... Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
ANA: 3183215
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2018  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
11922 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2018  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joseph7420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21645 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2018  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-58
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2018  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerimy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd put it around 63 but imo it really depends on the luster and just how noticeable everything is when you turn the coin and reflect light. Could also be 62 or 64

The open fields on both obverse & reverse look like they are missing luster. There is a bit of a scratch mark behind her hair down low, under the Y in liberty. Right by the same scratch, if you look at the inverted image, there may be a tiny bit of corrosion dimples on the surface near the edge of the coin and up into the Y in Liberty.

Noticeable scratch on her jaw.

On the reverse there are quite a few scratches above the eagle between the sun rays.
"States of" looks scratched or damaged on the reverse.
Under the eagle, above PEACE looks pretty worn. PEACE itself looks pretty worn.
5 o'clock on the reverse rim looks pretty dinged.

Around the word "ONE" in ONE DOLLAR looks a bit worn
Pretty weak lettering in PLURIBUS UNUM

I've modified your photos to show more detail. The originals are a bit "washed out" and need more contrast. I've OVER contrasted the photos and "inverted" them as well.

Valued Member
United States
169 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cboyera to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
COVID made me "use it or lose it" on a few grading certs. Not something I planned on sending in but what do you all think after glamour shots?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1431 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-55/58. Surfaces are very flat, but I'm not seeing a lot of contact marks, minimal luster remaining. It's a coin toss for me.
Valued Member
United States
326 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  05:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow...I guess I'm going to have to re-evaluate what I'm looking for when grading these?
I've always looked at the fields and the face/neck areas for nicks and dinks...
I have to start paying attention to the hair/bonnet more...
I still think she's a beautiful coin!
smat
Pillar of the Community
United States
9424 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  08:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS63+
Pillar of the Community
United States
7755 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know, sure looks like a MS64 to me. Gorgeous coin.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,162Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05