Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Caps Album - MS Washington Quarters

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 2,162Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
4209 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2018  12:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
As some of you know, I have for the last few years been working on my Washington quarter set. I finally finished it late last year and thought I would post some pictures.
I broke a LOT of slabs along the way as I wanted to fill the album, but toward the end I did decide to keep a few of them encased.
Probably should have kept more of them that way but I didn't.

Here is one of my favorites. It's hard to photograph, but a 1936-D DDO

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55710 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2018  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful set, congrats. Glad you've stopped cracking!
Pillar of the Community
United States
900 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2018  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scurry64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gorgeous set! Congratulations and crack away.
Valued Member
United States
278 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2018  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
632 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2018  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AlbumAccumulator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love it. Ok I'm going to need to get a couple of these albums down the line.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2018  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First rate collection. Congratulations.

I'm glad you were more inclined to keep the latter purchases TPG intact.

Being able to use the 9 pocket pages in the same album made it a lot easier for me to do the same as you have done.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1681 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2018  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aristarchus123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a great set. Congratulations!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11935 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2018  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow .....

That is a very nice looking set Debra ....

I am more of a hole filler type collector ...I can only wish my
Washington set was as nice as yours.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7046 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2018  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Outstanding set indeed ... wonderful collecting achievement.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
382 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2018  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 88isgreat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice looking set Debra.
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2018  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add weeds19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
great looking coins!
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2018  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Brilliant and stunning!

I'm doing the same thing at the moment in a Dansco and trying to stay focused. No varieties or errors. All graded MS61's or better, with the exception of one "32-S AU58". After I take pictures of them, they are all broken out. The pictures are in a sleeve, in the back of the album.

Your 32 D & S blow me completely out of the water!! I only need two more. Can I ask you a question? Your 36-D, (not the DDO) the other one. Was it graded? If so, what was the grade? Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2811 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2018  07:09 am  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, Debra. Those first two pictures.......

1932-D in MS64? 1932-S in MS63? I'd like to hear the circumstances surrounding those acquisitions! The set looks amazing in the CAPS album. It has that museum quality look. Thanks for sharing all the photos. Love seeing album shots.
My Eisenhower dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof ( PCGS Registry) - https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/do...edset/119137
Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354
Pillar of the Community
United States
615 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2018  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carwash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice set.
I like how they look in the caps book. The slab binder is a interesting way to look at them I have never seen that before.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4209 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2018  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
awwwww...thanks for all the kind words everyone.

@GR58 - yes, I have always had hole filler albums as well but I wanted to do one "nice" set.
I choose Washington quarters because it was both challenging but also attainable over a few years.
So this is my very first MS set.

@USSID18 - I have been following your progress. Happy to hear you are down to the last 2~!! Woo Hoo!
The 1936D was a raw coin but the dealer I bought it from is a 20+ year dealer that knows his grades,
and has attended grading school (the two week classes) a couple of times over the years. Not the best
picture but it was labeled MS-65. It's beautiful in hand.

@Darth Morgan - Thank you so much. I bought the 1932S MS-63 from a dealer at the FUN show (Jan 2017).
I had spent at that time probably 3 years on the set. This MS-63 was far superior than most of the 64's
I had looked at in the past. This was truly buy a the coin not the slab purchase. Many of the 1932
both in the D's and S's had that ugly black toning on them. Nice coins but eye appeal is what I was
trying to satisfy and these two had exactly what I was looking for. The purchase of the 1932-D was
just luck of being at the right place at the right time. I didn't hesitate when I found it.

@AlbumAccumulator - yes, these are nice albums.
BIG but nice.

Thanks again!

Edited by Debrajc
02/18/2018 10:43 am
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 2,162Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05