Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2003 Dollar Bill Double Number On Serial Number

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
24 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2018  6:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Phileo222 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone and hope all is well. I have a question about these 5 $1 bills I have. The 6 in the serial numbers has an extra line on them as if suppose to have been a 1 instead of a 6.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2108 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2018  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the serial number on the left side, is it the same ?
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2018  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The machine that printed those numbers had a spot of ink on the plate that wasn't supposed to be there. It was probably due to some slightly improper cleaning because I think that a leak would cause blotches.

It was never supposed to be a one at all. A one would be centered in that spot. I expect you already knew that, though.

Anyway, they are just less than perfect quality notes. It is kind of neat to have a whole bunch of them but I wouldn't consider it an error. I am certain that others disagree because I see stuff like that for sale. Don't know who would buy it though.

United States
24 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2018  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phileo222 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The other numbers are printed correctly, but it only on that side.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
37706 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2018  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just an inking glitch, interesting but no added value I think.
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2018  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phileo222 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, will still keep them. Thx Again
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2018  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phileo222 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What do y'all think about these 3 $1 bills 2013- 2009- 2009

Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2018  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They all look normal to me. What are you seeing?
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2018  06:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phileo222 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Buddy..:/ It's the line in all the 6's.
Pillar of the Community
United States
655 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2018  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ron6788 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't see any lines in those last 3 notes. You do have a bunch of 3's on the last s/n but not enough to be worth more than a buck.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05