Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

United States Mint Annual Silver Proof Set Available on April 24

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2018  2:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
US Mint - The 2018 United States Mint Silver Proof Set® (product code 18RH) will be available for purchase starting on April 24 at noon Eastern Time (ET).

The 10-coin set is priced at $49.95 and contains the following proof finish coins produced at the United States Mint at San Francisco:

Five silver America the Beautiful Quarters® Program coins honoring Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore (Michigan), Apostle Islands National Lakeshore (Wisconsin), Voyageurs National Park (Minnesota), Cumberland Island National Seashore (Georgia), and Block Island National Wildlife Refuge (Rhode Island).

One Native American $1 Coin with a reverse theme that commemorates the contributions of Jim Thorpe to American sports and culture. Jim Thorpe's achievements as a football player and as an Olympian are depicted in the design. Inscriptions are "JIM THORPE," "WA-THO-HUK" (Thorpe's native name), "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," and "$1."

One silver Kennedy half dollar

One silver Roosevelt dime

One Jefferson nickel

One Lincoln penny

The quarters, half dollar, and dime contain 90 percent silver. Each 10-coin set comes with the Mint's Certificate of Authenticity.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8805 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2018  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For reference, the 2017 set, which has the same 10 coins, was $2 cheaper.
Learn More...
United States
63470 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8805 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2018  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hear you, but that rate (4%) is nearly double the current national rate.

Yes, I know it could be worse. We customers of the U.S. Mint don't pay nearly the premiums that RCM customers do.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4302 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  07:28 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last year I had to pay $4.95 to have it shipped. This year zero.
Learn More...
United States
63470 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hear you, but that rate (4%) is nearly double the current national rate.
They are playing catch up or...
Quote:
Last year I had to pay $4.95 to have it shipped. This year zero.
...we now know how they are covering the free shipping.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8805 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...we now know how they are covering the free shipping.

Yes, along with price hikes across the board, I suppose.
Pillar of the Community
United States
562 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2018  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BamaBlue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Am I the only one who finds the current 'modern' coinage painfully boring!? I wish there would be a renaissance of circulating coins (leave bills alone). There should be two rules... Rule #1, no images of people living or dead on circulating coins; and Rule #2 the MAXIMUM amount of time for circulating coins is 20 years (one generation). This will mean that no more politicians make their way onto circulating coinage and there is a clear window of change to keep coinage fresh and generationally representative.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05