Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Look What I Got Today !!

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Valued Member
424 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2018  9:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TJLang to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
OK New week new coins
As I was passing the coinstar machine I reach in reject and find 3 US quarters and 1 dime plus a Canadian quarter but the 1 quarter is a 1961p *SILVER*

Then I go to the bank and I ask for $1 coins and get these

The James Madison I like I have 7 different president coins and I heard any SBA other than 1979 is a keeper.
Plus I found 1 Bicentennial quarter(no picture)
Learn More...
United States
76103 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2018  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds!

I split this from your other topic and moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9977 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2018  01:51 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool finds! Check those 2000-P SACs for the "Wounded Eagle" variety.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United States
1828 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2018  02:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome
Everytime I see somebody post that they found silver (or gold), this song pops into my head, I don't know why
7EXCDCXaIkQ
Bedrock of the Community
United States
28964 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2018  05:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice. But the 1979 SBA with the wide rim is a keeper.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
424 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2018  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJLang to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First question Can I build on this post or can we all post to one "Look what I found today" topic?

After buying 2 overpriced cups of coffee in Manhattan NYC I got this in change

1 AU 2016 Harpers Ferry Quarter
1 1981 Lincoln
1 1968 Lincoln
1 1939 Wheatie Lincoln

I am not yet a penny collector. But I could be......
Edited by TJLang
03/20/2018 11:18 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9977 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2018  12:30 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But the 1979 SBA with the wide rim is a keeper.

That would be a 1999, John. I made the same mistake at first.

Quote:
Can I build on this post or can we all post to one "Look what I found today" topic?

I'm sure it's okay to keep posting on this thread. There are several other "new finds" threads, but they are more specific to Coinstar or roll hunting. I don't know of one solely for coins gotten in change.
-Lucretius

-Kurdt Kobain

Edited by spruett001
03/21/2018 12:31 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
28964 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2018  04:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have found a few of these in my pocket change https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...045573.m1684
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
76103 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2018  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
First question Can I build on this post or can we all post to one "Look what I found today" topic?
Your topic, your rules.

But we do have this long running topic for what we find in circulation...

http://goccf.com/t/1902

Quote:
After buying 2 overpriced cups of coffee in Manhattan NYC I got this in change
Very nice!
Valued Member
424 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2018  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJLang to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK It started by making friends with the bank teller at my bank.
She would have a couple dollar coins now and then.
But today she had this

There is 20 Ikes
15 SACS Dollar
5 SBA Dollar
10 Presidential dollar
30 JFK Half

Sorry no silver But Fun just the same.
Learn More...
United States
76103 Posts
Valued Member
424 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2018  07:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJLang to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
She had more but evan at face value That was all I could afford.
Learn More...
United States
76103 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2018  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
She had more but evan at face value That was all I could afford.
Bummer.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1321 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2018  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That would be a 1999, John. I made the same mistake at first.

John1 is correct. 1979 wide rim SBA's (aka near dates) are keepers.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9977 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2018  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
John1 is correct. 1979 wide rim SBA's (aka near dates) are keepers.

I meant that the coin TJLang found is a 1999, so it's a normal SBA. If it were a '79, then yeah, it would be considered wide rim and a keeper.
-Lucretius

-Kurdt Kobain

Bedrock of the Community
United States
18416 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2018  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By me tellers at banks are now being told not to save, store or even offer such coins to customers.
just carl
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05