Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$1 silver certificate 1935 star note error  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United Kingdom
20 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2018  10:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add chybotisky to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I know there are billions standard notes around.
I know there are millions star notes around.
But how rare are star error notes of this type?

Pillar of the Community
United States
3547 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2018  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any error on a star note is special!

An error on an "old" star note is extra special!

Nice butterfly!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1876 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2018  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice. The combination of desirable attributes should make this worth a good deal.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1180 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  03:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They turn up every once in a while. An example sold this month for $200 on Heritage.
https://currency.ha.com/itm/error-n...1811-82276.s
United Kingdom
20 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  06:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chybotisky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys.

Nice one on HA but in poor state, this note looks to be uncirculated.
And what I find so special, it is actually not only error star note but double error star note, the reverse is slightly misaligned. :)

Learn More...
United States
54815 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
644 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ron6788 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's another recent sale on HA, https://currency.ha.com/itm/error-n...ption-071515. This one was a choice unc 1935E, butterfly error, sold for $89. You're right, chybotisky, it is a double error which would up the rarity but it needs certification for max value.

BTW, your bill is a 1935E, not 1935 with 5 billion printed and 50 million stars. Just FYI, these figures don't tell much anymore about what's still around.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
24388 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super find, congrats!

to the Paper Money Forum!
"The value of something is what you can sell it for the same day you bought it."

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8199 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great error!

Valued Member
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hozer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice note to find
United Kingdom
20 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  06:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chybotisky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder what to do with it as I do not collect dollar notes.
Get it graded for 70 dollars and sell it in auction for several hundreds, pay another 20% of its value for their services, that is senseless.

Being a collector, I can´t stand this long and expensive way of selling, slabbing fees, auction fees, bank transfer fees, months of waiting.
Edited by chybotisky
03/23/2018 06:16 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1180 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  07:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe your grading estimate is a bit high, but I get your frustration.

Buyers want to know it’s genuine, TPG’s want to get paid for their services and so does the selling/auction venue.
Almost all collecting arenas are modeled similarly.....so unless you want to feature it in a local garage sale, or Craigslist, what are your choices?
United Kingdom
20 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  07:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chybotisky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
High? It was not grade estimate but price for the grade estimate. :) Last time I had to pay 68 dollars for grading of a note.

Well, there are. To spam this forum with 240 posts and get it advertised. :)
This is the best way to trade, collector to collector, no intermediaries and needless fees.
Edited by chybotisky
03/23/2018 07:37 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1180 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Who or where did you go and pay $68 for grading ?
United Kingdom
20 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chybotisky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HA did it on my behalf.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3547 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like HA added about a 50% fee for themselves...paid by you...to get your note graded!

Not surprising.

It costs time and money to get things done. You do things yourself and it usually doesn't cost as much!
Edited by westernsky
03/23/2018 10:58 am
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05