Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My latest aquisition, pair of slabbed Granite Ladies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2018  4:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add derekscoinshop to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The Finest I could find.

United States
27 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2018  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add derekscoinshop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What I love about the Granite Lady is the awesome reverse. I have a great appreciation for the decision to use the Morgan dollar Reverse on this modern silver commemorative dollar.
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2018  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add derekscoinshop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe I paid just over $100 for the pair. Great AND affordable Coins !
Learn More...
United States
63364 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2018  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really like that pair. Love the reverse too.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8576 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2018  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! I'm a fan of the pair for obvious reason but tend to favor the non-proof strike. I just don't care much for the over-emphasized cameo effect on the modern stuff.
Member SSDC
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8800 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2018  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spectacular coins!
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2018  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Taphandle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice, I just picked up the Unc. in 70 in a PCGS slab a few weeks ago. I'm a fan of the reverse as well.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6474 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2018  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice indeed.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3125 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2018  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice choices!!
Valued Member
United States
230 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2018  03:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice
Pillar of the Community
United States
4154 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2018  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Derek~!
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2018  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add freddo30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think that buildings are the best subjects for coins ; big thing, little space...difficult. The reverse can best be described as a facsimile of the Morgan reverse used for 43 years - hardly new and invigorating while resembling private issue silver rounds. But that's the fun of it ; I'm glad you're enjoying the coins while collectors like me help keep the prices down by not buying.
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2018  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add derekscoinshop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Freddo, I agree about the buildings not being the best coin subjects. Nevertheless, that reverse is great considering this is the same mint that originally produced those. I wish they would change the American Silver Eagle to a Morgan Obverse.....
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05