Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Bought This Double Struck Uniface 2000 P Lincoln Cent Today For 19.95  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8344 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  8:28 pm Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I bought this beautiful Double Struck Uniface cent on eBay for 19.95 plus 3.00 shipping. I won the auction and got very lucky that no one else bidded on it. I don't have it in hand yet, but I'll show you the seller's pictures. I'll also include the link. I just noticed in the seller's pictures on the reverse, there's a small Die Crack that runs from the "T" in "UNITED" and goes to the roof of the memorial. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Linco...p=true&rt=nc

Errors and Varietys.
Edited by Errors and Varietys
04/14/2018 11:42 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26726 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Boy, that's fantastic! You scored one here - well done!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8344 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Coinfrog! It's the first time ever that I've bought a Double Struck Lincoln Memorial cent for this cheap! I would usually get outbidded at the very end and lose, but this time, I didn't lose. I have always wanted one in my collection. There's also a Die Crack on the reverse on the "T" of "UNITED" that goes to the corner of the roof.
Errors and Varietys.
04/14/2018 8:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7572 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@EV, very nice pick-up. I wonder what your thoughts are for preservation of this coin considering that the zinc core is exposed. How will you keep it from degrading? Just a extra large 2x2 or do you have other plans?
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry Tudor (the lawyer not the king)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8344 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
@EV, very nice pick-up. I wonder what your thoughts are for preservation of this coin considering that the zinc core is exposed. How will you keep it from degrading? Just a extra large 2x2 or do you have other plans?

Thank you Spence! Here's what I'm going to do with it when I get it. I'm going to put it in a non PVC coin flip to help it from degrading. Here are the pictures of the coin flips.
Errors and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2030 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Check DrDon's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DrDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin,nice pick up. I don't know your age but I hope you enjoy it for a hundred years.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8344 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice coin,nice pick up. I don't know your age but I hope you enjoy it for a hundred years.

Thank you DrDon! I'm 18 years old currently and will collect coins until I'm not around anymore. I'll enjoy this coin forever.
Errors and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pick-up.

I worry about the zincolns rotting away, too, but I'm sure you'll take good care of it and maybe that will be enough. I hope so!

You have to love an error coin with a good clear date on it -- especially if it's your birth year.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8344 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice pick-up.

I worry about the zincolns rotting away, too, but I'm sure you'll take good care of it and maybe that will be enough. I hope so!

You have to love an error coin with a good clear date on it -- especially if it's your birth year.

Thank you Buddy! I worry about them rotting away too, but with good and proper preservation, it shouldn't rot. I'll take good care of this too. I love error coins with clear dates on them. It's only one year off my birthdate (I was born that year). Maybe I'll get my next one from 1999.
Errors and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8837 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, wouldn't it have been something else if it was a WAM! LOL! Nice one to add to your variety collection. Only way to get these is to buy 'em any more.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8344 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wow, wouldn't it have been something else if it was a WAM! LOL! Nice one to add to your variety collection. Only way to get these is to buy 'em any more.

That would be super cool if it had the type 2 Proof reverse. On eBay, I saw three Off Center 1999 Lincoln Memorial Cents that also had the Wide AM reverse (It sold for a lot of money and the guy sold all 3 of them on eBay! Buying them is pretty much the only option now unless you got lucky and found one in a mint sewn bag.
Errors and Varietys.
Valued Member
United States
150 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FrankenCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about Air Tight coin holder about the size of 50 cents should fit?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8344 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How about Air Tight coin holder about the size of 50 cents should fit?

That's a very good suggestion! I'll look into it and see.
Errors and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7401 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice. I would like to add to my error types as well and this is one I don't have, but would certainly have paid the $20 for it!

It looks like maybe a quarter or small dollar Air-Tite may work. Just measure the widest point and see what it will fit closest in. Be careful it's not too loose, though, to allow the coin to rattle around.
Bad puns make me [sic].

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8344 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  12:45 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you spruett001 for the suggestion! I'll see how it goes when I get it in hand. I got very lucky and only ended up paying 22.95 in total with shipping. Not bad considering no one else bidded on it (Just me.).
Errors and Varietys.
04/15/2018 1:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8344 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2018  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update! I just received it in the mail and it looks so much better in hand than the seller's pictures! It's beautiful. Here it is.

Errors and Varietys.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.9 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05