Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Question on the Magnificent 7 (M7) Gold Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
575 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  8:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JGG to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So, reading through my coin book, I have noticed that the RCM produced a few thousand 1/4oz gold M7 privy coins for MDM.de in the years 2005, 2006 and 2007. Very cool and interesting coins.

This weekend I spoke with a dealer out of Florida who informed me that a very small number of M7 test pieces were struck in 2004 as well. I canít find any information on this at all. Does anyone know anything about this?

During my research, I have noticed a few 1/10th gold coins (2016 dated) have been distributed in M7 capsules but do not have the privy mark. See appended photo.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4042 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would you pay a really huge premium for and privy marked commissioned units.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
575 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JGG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would, yes. I find them very difficult to acquire in high grades and I love the thrill of the hunt!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
575 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JGG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FOUND ONE! Has anybody ever seen one of these in hand! I love digging up these new discoveries! Especially after being ignorant to the fact that this coin has even existed ... 14 years later!

What an absolutely undiscovered gem!!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4042 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a minimum amount needed by the RCM before they would mint these private privy marks coins, proably could get the figures from the RCM as a new customer.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
575 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JGG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will give them a call tomorrow ... but to be completely honest, I rarely find them helpful or informative.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4042 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's completely true, but if you pretend you are an interested bullion or a company that wishes to have a privy marked coin as employee gifts they probably tell you minimum amounts needed, I once read the figures some where, I think it was JM who had a silver ANA coin done it was 5000 if I remember correctly
Pillar of the Community
Canada
575 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JGG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are a few other gold privy mark coins with extremely low mintages as well that I keep on my radar. Ones that come to mind include the 2014 G$5 Horse Double Privy (app. 250), 2007 T/E G$200 Privy (app. 500), 2012 G$50 5th Anniversary Privy (app. 543), 2011 G$50 100 year privy (app. 479), 1999 G$50 Colourized 20 year privy (app. 500), and G$10 Liberation Privy (app. 500).

The 2004 M7 Privy, whether commissioned or simply a test strike, is a brand new find for me. I am excited to find out that it even exists. I wish more of this type of material would turn up on eBay.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05