Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Video: San Francisco Mint's High Tech Proof Packaging Robots

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2018  8:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
US Mint - Learn about the robots on the San Francisco Mint's high tech robotics line that package proof coins.
BqEDQa0WGf4

Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2018  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kurrykid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool video!
Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2018  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting. I wonder if the robots will be coin collectors after they replace all humans.
Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2018  12:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silly me. I would not have thought that the volumes involved would justify the cost of automation.
Why collect coins? Memory is the second thing to go. The use of money is the last thing to go.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8648 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2018  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder if the robots will be coin collectors after they replace all humans.

Hello, Skynet.

I suppose robots do kind of exhibit OCD when you think about it.

"*bleep* must have... Full Steps...*bleep*... Sarah Connor? The one registered on PCGS with that magnificent MS-70 FS Jefferson?"
Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1051 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2018  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Silly me. I would not have thought that the volumes involved would justify the cost of automation.

I'm not surprised at all given the lack of available manual labor in the market coupled with San Francisco's already high cost of labor/living. The improved quality is a bonus.

I'd like to see what they do to reduce dust.
Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2018  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Automation pays for itself over the long term.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6395 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2018  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice video - I had no idea that much automation was going on.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2311 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  09:20 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great video. Had no idea they were so automated.
http://goccf.com/t/303774
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.79 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05