Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Images for the 2021 America the Beautiful Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site Alabama Quarter

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  1:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
US Mint - These candidate designs were developed for the 2021 America the Beautiful Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site (Alabama) Quarter in accordance with the Act that authorized them.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1163 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a hard one. I like all of these, but I don't get the stars in 04 and the three planes in 08 gets away from the "double" theme.

That said, I'll be glad when this series is over.
Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (Bust era), Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Pillar of the Community
United States
822 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like 06 the best, which would probably look especially stunning in proof. I wonder if this coin will be released individually in proof/silver proof come 2021?
Searching for some US modern coins (cents through dollars) via my want list.
Valued Member
United States
157 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really a tough one. I prefer the ones with the airmen actually depicted, 1, 2, 10A, 10B, 10D or 13 instead of the ones with just the planes.
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8760 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree... tough one. I'd go with 06, 09, or 13.
Learn More...
United States
61543 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2018  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think they are all really good, but I do like 12 the best.
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1 and 13. The planes look good on the quarters. When I go to a national park, I like getting the souvenir quarter, and since I live in Alabama, I'm looking forward to this one. Too bad it's in the last year of the program.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
5188 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
06 & 13
Learn More...
United States
61543 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Too bad it's in the last year of the program.
The best for last.
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scott7721 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, today is my day to be grouchy about coin designs.

To me, 4, 8, 9 and 12 aren't attractive and they don't represent the airmen themselves. I like 6 even though there's no airman, but I'd dump the two big Vs that look out of context. I really like 13 with the airman and the planes, but the phrase "cradle of black aviation" seems contrived and potentially condescending.

Design 1 has the airman getting ready to go, but the planes are already airborne - oops. Design 2 has some proportion issues it seems to me, and do we always need so many words on the coin? Can't images speak louder than words?

One plane on 10A looks like it's crashing, and the stars on 10B look vaguely satanic. That leaves 10D, which I do like despite the presence of words and the inclusion of a civilian figure.

My philosophy on coin designs is probably out of date in 2018, but here it is:

Less is More
Pillar of the Community
United States
2248 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add solotime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They all look nice.
But I'd pick 13.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05