Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Another NICE profit from VAMming!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
7352 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2018  4:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Yet again I cherrypick a valuable VAM for relatively nothing. This one is a very strong and unique clasher. And she's on THREE, count em (3) Lists... "HIT LIST 40, SUPER CD & WOW" Lists!

This BU VAM 30A is worth a few hundred bucks once I get her slabbed. GET INTO VAMs PEOPLE!

http://www.vamworld.com/1887-O+VAM-30A

And one more, the "TOP-100" 80o VAM 4 overdate. Look at the top loop of the second 8! Kinda common, but NEAT, so I'll only profit about $100 after I slab her but still!!

http://www.vamworld.com/1880-O%20VAM-4

Edited by Cascade
04/26/2018 4:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8559 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2018  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really like the rotation of the dies when they clashed. That's something you don't see every day. Nice pick once again...
Member SSDC
Pillar of the Community
United States
4088 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2018  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
for sure Cascade!
Thanks for sharing your latest find with us!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8417 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2018  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice clash--and to turn for a profit is always nice!
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2018  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great catch, Cascade. Congratulations. That's a beauty.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7352 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2018  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. And just to clarify, VAMming isn't about the money. Sure, with experience and connections you can make good $$ cherrypicking VAMs because most dealers don't care to educate themselves and you can even cherrypick your own collection when you first get started but the most thrilling thing about it is the VAM community. Always there and always willing to help.

VAM World is closing in a few months due to the wiki platform being pulled out from under us BUT a new bigger & better website and VAM community will be born from the ashes. Get ready!
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2018  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add justanamateur to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cascade, I'm getting ready to visit the 3 coin shops in my town.
Do you have any hints or tips for someone new to VAM?
Pillar of the Community
United States
7352 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2018  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Justanameture. No hints or tips for a newbie going to a shop. It requires time and experience to hunt. I will say, look for anything different. Heavy clashing, heavy die polishing (this can be tricky for newbies as it can look like damage) and anything that catches your eye. Especially the rare 8TF morgans but that takes time to identify those as well. If you really are interested in VAMming I suggest becoming a member of the VAM World message boards for specific VAM knowledge. This forum is great for general knowledge but VW really gets into the nuts and bolts of Morgan & Peace varities.
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2018  01:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add justanamateur to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Cascade! Those are actually really great tips! I'm studying. It'll take awhile, I know. But I pick up new info each time I go through.

I have a new question for you. I'll start a new thread.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.6 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05