Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Pickup. Watchya Think? 1840 Seated Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2018  9:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
With CAC approval.

Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Edited by MikeF
04/29/2018 10:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
683 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2018  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Optimist-numismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice. quick question, I have noticed You have posted a lot of Seated dollars and I was wonder how close are You to a complete year set?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1403 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2018  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ploopy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU55
Pillar of the Community
United States
8712 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2018  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-55
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2018  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have noticed You have posted a lot of Seated dollars and I was wonder how close are You to a complete year set?

No where near close. I would be close if I purchased every crappy sld that came up for auction. But this series requires patience to find high quality coins. 97% of the Seated dollars that come up for auction or become available for sale are garbage. 95% of them were cleaned by dealers in the 60's, 70's, and 80's in a ill-fated attempt to make them more competitive with Morgan dollars. Problem is Seated dollar weren't stored and hoarded like Morgans.

I have a running thread link posted below in my signature area if you want to watch my progress.

Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8712 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2018  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's definitely hard to find nice higher-grade SLDs that are CAC approved. Most of the ones I see have market acceptable damage. I'm having a hard time finding an original, but affordable, example for my 7070.
Edited by SilverDollar2017
04/29/2018 11:22 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2018  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fellas, this wasn't a post to solicit grading opinions. It's graded au-55. I was just showcasing a new acquisition
Edited by MikeF
04/29/2018 11:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5087 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2018  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like you held out for a superior example. She just oozes originality and awesome eye appeal.
Two thumbs, way up!
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2018  11:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You've really fine-tuned your eye on this series Mike, You sure do pick some winners, congrats!

When ya gonna meet me at the 65 interchange and give me that one you promised me last year?
Edited by Crazyb0
04/29/2018 11:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1587 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2018  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another great coin, congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4205 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2018  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a beauty Mike!
Thanks for sharing.
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2018  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ZenFE99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful, I've got a small collection of Seated Liberty halves, and have been considering some dollars.
Curious - 'ballpark', what's the going rate for a coin like that?
Learn More...
United States
77253 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2018  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks gang, really proud to add this one to my set !
Pillar of the Community
United States
695 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2018  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Check HoboNickelCarver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great Coin!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1403 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2018  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ploopy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Fellas, this wasn't a post to solicit grading opinions. It's graded au-55. I was just showcasing a new acquisition

Woopsies, I assumed based on the title. Good thing my grading skills are on point Nice SLD!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05