Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1794 Large Cent Opinions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1364 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2018  3:17 pm Show Profile   Check shadowtrooper78's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add shadowtrooper78 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've bought from this seller before and his opinions are well respected.

Would like some opinions on this coin. Doubt I'd be willing to really shell out what it would take to own it....however its hard to say.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1794-U-S-L...AOSwdhla4gyp
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2018  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking coin for being cleaned. I'm sure the price is going to go up alot further than $1125
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2018  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not bad for being a Details coin.

Mark - Don't you need a 1794 for your large cent album?
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2018  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Don't you need a 1794 for your large cent album

Yep, but I'm not selling my jeep to get one that good!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46297 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2018  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not for me. Very attractive and easy to buy, much tougher to sell.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4546 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2018  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you can accept a DETAILS coin then go ahead.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16354 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2018  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very attractive, common variety, head of 95. Grade puts it out of my price range.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
5156 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2018  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super sharp and attractive example. Very difficult to justify buying a known "problem" large cent (been there, done that) but this one looks head, shoulders, and torso above your typical details coin.

Wonder if PCGS would give it a pass if cracked out and submitted?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2199 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2018  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a really nice coin. Most 1794 Cents get details grade for corrosion but I see this cleaning as a lesser issue. I know many of you are rolling your eyes . I would consider buying that coin if I needed another 1794.
Member ANA and EAC

"You got to lose to know how to win".
Dream On by Aerosmith
Pillar of the Community
Canada
683 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2018  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Optimist-numismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The remaining luster around the obverse and over presentation of this coin would be a seller for Me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1854 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2018  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very attractive. It's a details coin that could pass for problem-free to many people.
Pillar of the Community
Germany
1523 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  02:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GERMANICVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quite a nice coin and acceptable to me as well. Gentle, natural re-toning on a window sill would tone down the surfaces and improve the coin.

It appears to be an S-67 (R-3 per Breen, probably R-2 now), One of the Gardner Heads.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19186 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Imagine an entire set of those and all in that grade. Way out of my price range.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jafo50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice coin. None of mine look that good.
Pillar of the Community
United States
705 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice. It should have cleaned in the title. Very pricey.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1364 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2018  08:18 am  Show Profile   Check shadowtrooper78's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add shadowtrooper78 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I did not purchase however it went for what I thought it would. Had a hard time putting that kind of money out there without seeing it in hand first.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05