Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Has Onyone Seen This 1859 Repunched 9 Before?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
220 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2018  11:58 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add don in nmkt to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
Canada
714 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2018  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JeyRey2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it doesn't look like any repunch at all.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
8063 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2018  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tend to agree with JeyRey.
Can't tell from the photo if the mark
is raised or incuse but if it was a repunch,
it would follow the contour of a nine.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2821 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2018  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like someone scratched between the tail and the upper loop to get some Vicky crud out. I don't see any repunch
Pillar of the Community
Canada
714 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2018  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JeyRey2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone took a 60 dollar chance on that one, I would love to know the outcome if it was indeed inverted 9 or something.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1465 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2018  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have never seen one before either can you post a full picture of Reverse and Obverse
Pillar of the Community
United States
761 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2018  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
can you post a full picture of Reverse and Obverse

That would be helpful. With full side photos, We could probably tell which die struck the coin and let you know if it is a known or new variety.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
714 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2018  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JeyRey2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1465 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2018  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it might be an Haxby PC59-543 54 + 13b and the line in the 9 might be a die crack?
Edited by papeldog
05/07/2018 10:24 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
761 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2018  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think it might be an Haxby 54 + J13b

I think you are right on that attribution papeldog.

I don't know what that is showing in the 9. There isn't any noticable repunching on the 9 on reverse J13b. Could be a scratch, or a bit of crud. Can't tell from the photos.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05