Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Elongated Coins/Pennies

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 38
Pillar of the Community
United States
2510 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2018  05:41 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12511 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2018  07:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@circus, thanks for starting this thread. I've got a bunch of these things and was thinking that it might be nice to start a thread with them. I hope you are cool with me posting some of mine.
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16367 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2018  07:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are a huge number of these and a small but solid core of collectors.

They can still be produced at some tourist loc today.

Some actually do become valuable enough to warrant $50-$100. But those are rare and popular and almost impossible to find.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2510 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2018  08:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By all means do at least somebody looking for them can find the thread easily
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4553 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2018  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can also buy the oblong holders from Wizard.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
28497 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2018  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The bay also has them and probably cheaper.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5393 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2018  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like elongates! Here are some I've just got in Germany!

The first two are from a souvenir shop at the Cruise Terminal in Warnemunde, the others are from Bremen Tourist Office. The 'victim' coins are 5 eurocent pieces.
Valued Member
United States
169 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2018  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gilgerr24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, I am one of the collectors. There is a club called T.E.C. or The Elongated Collectors. I you join you get a quarterly newsletter and free coins. They have a site http://tecnews.org/ and also now a Facebook page. Lots of good info on older coins. Elongated coins from USA and overseas. Hope that helps any one. But it is also great to have a thread here too. Rob Tec #3810
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12511 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2018  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good to know @gilgerr24!

Here is a one from the National Museum of Scotland:

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Learn More...
United States
75094 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice examples!

My son has a collection of these. I may need to photograph them.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12511 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lookin'forward to seeing them @jbuck. In the meanwhile, here is one labelled "Maine Wildlife Park". Can't remember where I actually picked it up though--maybe Katahdin ranger station?

-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
2510 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  05:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2633 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  07:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am also a collector-this is one of my small sub-collections. I have nearly 100, which is obviously fairly low, but I really don't like paying more than 25 cents for anything. The vast majority are from the US. I like the ones pressed on the copper ones better. I don't like the zinc streaks so much.
Learn More...
United States
75094 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I like the ones pressed on the copper ones better. I don't like the zinc streaks so much.
This is true.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2510 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  06:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is my oldest one so far

Penny is 1880
Edited by Circus
05/17/2018 06:10 am
Learn More...
United States
75094 Posts
Page: of 38 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 5.16 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05