Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Rare Notes (Bank Or Large Runs Finds)

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 5,477Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1402 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2018  5:28 pm Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I spent 4 years searching for this note. I would take only 1 bundle (100) twenties out at a time and I started in 2012 and found it in 2016.

According to Charlton, 270,000 of the BSW note were printed.

Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2018  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Canada
139 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2018  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thehammer77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet find, I've never found one despite looking through some 20s, hopefully there are more out there, the rarest I've found was the btv $10, apm, hae macklem $5s
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1402 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2018  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
" the rarest I've found was the btv $10, apm, hae macklem $5s"

- Well you got me on the 2011 Macklem/Carney HAE (never found it despite searching for a couple years)
Valued Member
Canada
139 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2018  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thehammer77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I've found 4, one was found in 11-12 when a customer paid one at my dad's business, that year charlton wasn't out yet I didn't know then it was rare, I saved it almost by accident because I didn't have that prefix, I then was happy when I found out it was rare, so I then found 3 more. I have done tons of searching. Now with the paper notes almost disappeared, it's gonna be insanely tough to find one now. At the end of the paper run I saw tons of au haf, hag, not many hah, haj, hak, hal in decent shape. I don't think I've seen a hak.
Valued Member
Canada
116 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add friedsquid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At the end of the paper run I saw tons of au haf, hag, not many hah, haj, hak, hal in decent shape. I don't think I've seen a hak.

Most of the brickers I know have not been fortunate enough to get any bricks of HAK
As for myself, I did have a bundle, but they were all AU at best Not sure why they were all that way as even mishandling would not have caused this...it appeared to be more of a quality control issue ....
As I have been told by the BOC "We print money ....not art"
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1402 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1778 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2018  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found this note about a year ago at a Flying J truck stop I needed some cash so used the ATM and out it come
Valued Member
Canada
116 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2018  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add friedsquid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both notes are nice finds
Congrats to both members
Valued Member
Canada
139 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2018  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thehammer77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds, I've searched bundles and change for about 8 years and went through about 100k, the lowest I've found was 187.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1402 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2018  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've searched bundles and change for about 8 years and went through about 100k, the lowest I've found was 187.

A 0000187? That's not bad. The BSH 00000202 is a very nice find.

To be quite honest with you, I've searched for about 12 years (over $1 M face, well over 100,000 notes) and that's just the time I was contributing to the CPMF (Canadian Paper Money Forum) SNDB (Serial Number Data Base). Just like Friedsquid, I've been searching for several years before that & if I were a much more logical man, I would have given it up years ago! javascript:insertsmilie('') I have gone for more than a year without a worthy find (that I could post on a site like this or shake a stick at). I guess the key is persistence and not being too choosy in terms of condition (the BSW has a number written near the queen's hairdo). And the reality is: ITS VERY tough to find any of these notes! That's what makes the other "Circulation Finds" (rather than long run finds) so remarkable. I still find it hard to believe that I have searched so many notes and have come nothing close to the solid that I got in my change (& really - what note could anyone want besides a solid?)

How about a 2 digit radar?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1402 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
116 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2018  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add friedsquid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The two digit radar is a nice find
Always hard to find them
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1402 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The two digit radar is a nice find
Always hard to find them

thanks "Friedsquid"
I have gone for 6 months without a single find so I almost find anything a nice find (anymore) LOL.

- a few years back, when everyone was hoping to find the elusive M/C HAE, I myself was equally in the hunt. However, I never found the 2011 HAE but rather found these hard to find M/C "sister prefix toughies" They're not in great shape but I was happy to find them (& still feel the book is shy at recognizing how tough they are). BTW: the 0071805 was the lowest # reported on the former CPMF SNDB for HAH (which were very few)

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1402 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1402 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2018  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

There's something nice about these near ladder radars (I think some refer to them as wave radars?)
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 5,477Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05