Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Someone calling "PCSS" "PCGS". Hmmmm.  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1481 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  11:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1136 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never herd of them but the grade looks proper
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10180 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe you should point out the mistake to him and see what he says
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6947 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  12:26 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The cheek, jaw and ear make me think it might be AU55 or AU58 but I am no grader.
Signature:
Sign Here X ____________________________
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6755 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  12:44 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Maybe you should point out the mistake to him and see what he says

I sent the seller this message:

Quote:
Hello,

I noticed that the coin you have listed is in a PCSS slab and you state that it is PCGS. Surely this is a mistake. Thanks!

This was the response:

Quote:
Yup an error. Thanks I will fix it

They did change the title to PCSS, but not the Item Specifics. I won't push it any further.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2054 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Title is correct but description has 'PCGS'.

In regards to the grade, AU coin with problems.

Run Forrest Run.
Valued Member
Canada
166 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skelly423 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guarantee the "typo" was deliberate. A fly-by-night grading company specifically designed to mislead, and unsurprisingly it happens to house an incredibly valuable coin. This happens all the time. Absolutely no chance I would touch that coin (or any other coin he is selling).
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2157 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2018  01:54 am  Show Profile   Check canadian_coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stay away. PCSS does not exist.

Second edit: sorry..... it's from eBay Canada so my bad. Maybe PCSS is OK but like ICCS I wouldn't buy it anyway.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Edited by canadian_coins
05/19/2018 02:10 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10285 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2018  08:00 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it might get removed in a day or so...
Learn More...
Australia
12800 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2018  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've never seen a basement slabber actually use "slabbing" in their official name.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05