Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2013 $1 NY Star Note printed in FW?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
51 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  12:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add cowgirlcpa to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi All, I have a 2013 $1 NY Star Note that has Fort Worth as the Printing Facility but, when I looked it up in the Red Book and the Star Note lookup Website; they both say it was printed at the DC printing Facility. Could this be a printing error? tried to upload a pic but, not able to do so.
Thank you, in advance for any advise!
Edited by cowgirlcpa
05/16/2018 12:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1389 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe this will help. Copied from the uspapermoney.info website.

In early 2015, runs #1, #2, and #3 of the New York star notes began to appear in circulation, even though they had not been reported by the BEP. A FOIA request brought confirmation of the run lengths of the Washington printings shown in the table above. The June and July 2016 production reports then listed those three runs again, this time as Fort Worth products. Notes from all three Fort Worth runs have been seen in circulation, so the duplicate printings did in fact occur, and it appears that duplicate serials were in fact issued.

Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cowgirlcpa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Steve, Thank you for the info!! I was guessing it was a counterfeit. I'm so new to this, please advise if this is rare and if I should have it appraised. Thank you again for your help!
Learn More...
United States
59010 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8428 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF!

How cool would that be to have a pair of legitimate duplicate notes (other than "FW" and possibly plate #s)?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1389 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF cowgirlcpa. Probably not rare, and very doubtful that counterfeiters would delve into one dollar denomination notes.

As CK mentioned, would love to have a matching number pair.
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cowgirlcpa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all for your hospitality! I'm so glad to have found this site. I would love to find this bill's mate! How/where would you recommend for me to advertise to find it? $1 2013 series, Serial # B 09099998 *.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1389 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Once you have enough posts, and time invested here, you can post a want ad. https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/rules.asp

You could also join Where’s George and hope someone there responds.
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cowgirlcpa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great! I will do that!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
27279 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Having a matching number pair would be fantastic - I'm sure it will happen, probably sooner than later.

cowgirl -

to the Paper Money Forum!
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cowgirlcpa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sure hope you're right! That will be so cool! Looking forward to posting an ad on here for it.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05