Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A bunch of BU halves? 1970's and 2000's  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
104 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  8:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Shoesnsocks to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Got $60 in halves from the bank today and 5 of the rolls seem to be BU, but then again I'm new at this so it's hard to tell. The first pics are from a roll from the 70's. The reed on the coins is perfect but also very orange looking. The edges feel even almost sharp on some of them.

Now some pics from a roll that was all from this millenium.
The 2011''s almost look like proofs but they don't have a frosty cameo at all.

I don't have the experience you guys have but this is new for me to find what looks like maybe a hoard. None of them seem rare or anything but just them being in this condition and being mixed together according to their decade is weird to me. They were in customer wrapped rolls.

There was also a roll of all 2008's
Valued Member
United States
104 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Shoesnsocks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just did some research and discovered that the 2011 P and D coins have a brilliant finish, but are not proofs. Still cool considering they weren't for circulation.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5066 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks as if you got an older roll that was put away years ago - possibly by a collector. I had a few mixed BU rolls like this from my grandfather.

If you plan on getting rid of them, check them for varieties first. If any are DDO etc, they would be nice examples.

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Valued Member
United States
104 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Shoesnsocks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is awesome. Thank you Earle.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1116 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It definitely looks like you got part of some ones collection dump!

Very nice finds indeed And definitely use Earle's check list as you may have an error or two in there.
My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5066 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to help. The list was compiled by a lot of online searching for info and also from finds made.

I should have made a note that all black Xs are also verified by in-hand examples. So the list is a pretty solid one for what exists.

Please keep us posted if one of these gems turns out to be a variety.

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Learn More...
United States
55951 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3218 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7895 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely a nice pick up .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05