Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finally Finished My Penny Inventory.

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2018  6:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Finished my penny inventory about noon today, now I can start on my nickels

IHC 118
1909 to 1958 wheaties 5975
1959 to 1981 memorials 1309
1982 to 2008 cheapies 2646
2009 Bicentennial (all 4 designs & mints) 418
2010 to 2017 Shield 1008

1909 to 1982 didn't have a lot of cull coins
1983 to 2017..I bet 15% to 20%+ were covered in either green death, or black death. Was getting discouraged at the conditions of these circulated coins, am second guessing my desire to collect these at all. But, will not dump these yet, need to think about it a little longer.

Will start my nickels in about a half hour.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39372 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2018  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done!
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2018  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Webster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What are you planning on doing with all those extra cents, horde them? sell them?
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2018  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Give ya a hint, get rid of the nasties REAL QUICK! That stuff is like a virus on coins, transmitted and multiples rapidly. Only keep good examples(AU/BU), and bathe those in acetone once separated. Personally all but the 2009's go back to momma! Now, whatchagonna do with them all? I hope some are collections! I used to hoard the wheats, upon getting to 33,000+, I realized I nnow had to get rid of these. Copper, well ya see, I wokeup and realized it wasn't profitable to hoard a low dollar PM, barely is for silver either, but can't see to unload that yet! Coin copper, can't melt, costs too much to extract per pound smelting and if there ever is a run on it, oh what a flooded market it would be, the "pennies on the dollar" effect. Don't even have Indians extra anymore, made money selling them, hot item for a really cheap coin! When I cash dumped my Lincolns(memorials) put the money into more valuable collector coins.

If you're gonna hoard copper, keep the rounds and bars of pure copper, lots easier to unload in a pinch..
Edited by Crazyb0
05/27/2018 7:03 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8121 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2018  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like your avatar. Congrats on filling your folders.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12478 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2018  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
will not dump these yet, need to think about it a little longer.

If they are covered in "green death" or "black death" then I'd advise spending them sooner rather than later. Those zinc cores are already rotting. It's only about five bucks though so obviously do whatever you want.
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2018  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What are you planning on doing with all those extra cents, horde them? sell them?

Not sure yet.

Some of the 1909 to 1981 will be put into folders as starter sets for nephews joining <BOY> Scouts.
I will probably hoard these for a few years yet..

The 1982 to present, will more than likely keep a couple of each year & mint for myself and dump the rest on the nephews to sort out themselves.

The cull coins are going to be used as guinea pigs for trying different cleaning methods.
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2018  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If they are covered in "green death" or "black death" then I'd advise spending them sooner rather than later. Those zinc cores are already rotting. It's only about five bucks though so obviously do whatever you want.

I pulled them out and they are not part of my inventory. The cull coins are in a whole separate container, as a matter of fact, the wheaties and memorials up to 1981 are in one container, the cheapies (zinc) are in another container.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16329 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2018  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An excellent accomplishment. I've always said the difference between an accumulator and a collector is an inventory.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1524 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2018  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I admire collectors like you. If I ran into 4000 >1982 cents I'd be putting 3 dozen beers into my inventory.
Learn More...
United States
75020 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
695 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2018  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Check HoboNickelCarver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great job!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9877 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2018  12:50 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm waiting on the nickel inventory.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
9676 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2018  12:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good work congratulations
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3445 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2018  08:05 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wish I could be organized. Congratulations!
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Valued Member
United States
420 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2018  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add da Swampster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Finished my penny inventory...

Good job ^5 !

Swamp
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05