Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1915 S Pan Pacific Half Dollar MS64... thoughts?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1867 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  3:48 pm Show Profile   Check Mister Kairu's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Mister Kairu to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all, was looking at this coin and instantly fell in love with it. Would you think this is a fair price? It appears so with the toning. Sorry I couldn't get better pics at all was in a rush. Does this price seem overvalued, undervalued, thoughts about toning, etc.

Edited by Mister Kairu
06/15/2018 3:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
556 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Optimist-numismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The toning is alright, not something I would pay a premium for though. As for a grade I would need better pics to give an opinion.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15716 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a steal. Grab it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15716 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have you grabbed it? It's been almost 30 seconds since I recommend you do so
Pillar of the Community
United States
4015 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bpoc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1867 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Check Mister Kairu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Mister Kairu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My lcs has it set aside for me I will go back tomorrow. Wanted to get some prelim opinions. :)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1113 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that's a pretty nice price. We learned about these coins at our show last week. Interesting - Obverse designed by Charles Barber and reverse by George Morgan (I think you can really see Morgan's work in that eagle.) This was one of several designs that they teamed up to create. Many of these were originally in a Pan/Pac holder and they toned just like the one you have there. I'm not usually a fan of toned coins, but I think it makes that one desirable. I'd be running back to get it right now...

Edited for spelling.
Edited by Bump111
06/15/2018 5:23 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28168 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks beautiful to me. Congrats!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1867 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Check Mister Kairu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Mister Kairu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It seems to be in line with other sold examples but the toning looks really nice in hand
Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Have you grabbed it? It's been almost 30 seconds since I recommend you do so
Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That coin was bought for $805 in 2009. Current CDN puts it at $700 (grey sheet).

It's also an RPM FS-501, which is a neat bonus not noted on the slab.

In other words, it's a bargain, and you should have bought it within 30 seconds of moxking's first post.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1092 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  01:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love the toning! Hope you can get it, Iím sure you wonít regret it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6395 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  06:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice example of an outstanding design coin. I say go for it.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05