Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Far Back Can We Go? Fifth Edition!

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 302
Learn More...
United States
75094 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2018  11:30 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The Fourth Edition has reached the Third Edition, thus ending its reign. We are now ready for a new edition for newer members to join in on the easy early years.

We will start this with any coin from 2018. To allow this topic get noticed before it picks up too much steam, I ask that we do not post anything from 2017 until after midnight (forum time) going into Monday, 25 June 2018. That gives us a full weekend to enjoy 2018.

Keep in mind that we can continue to post 2018 coins on Monday until someone posts a 2017. Once the first 2017 coin is posted then more more 2018 will be allowed.

This rule will be in effect for every year: post the current year until at least midnight. This will allow multiple people to post their coins from each year.

Once we move to the next year, there is no going back, no catching up like is allowed in other themed threads.

Got it?

A summary of the rules...
1. You must own the coin.
2. You must post a photo of the actual coin you own. We do not care who took the photo. No stock photos allowed.
3. The coin can be from any country.
4. The date needs to be validated as described below:
Common era dating is preferred, but it is acceptable if the date can be converted from another calendar.
It is also acceptable if the date can be determined to the exact year from other criteria.
If it is not obvious, please inform how the date is determined (links are okay).

5. One Year Per Day! This allows for more participation. The change to the next year will occur at Midnight Forum Time (US Eastern Time)
6. We must go in order! No going back to previous years, no jumping ahead to later years.
7. Try to avoid creating additional posts for each year until someone else has posted in between or you are posting coins as part of a set (like a proof set, commemorative set, etc).
8. To help page loads and scrolling, please put only one coin (one or two photos) per post.

As per usual, we can handle controversies and questions as they occur. I will be counting on the veterans to help enforce rules and maintain flow.

Let the fun begin!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5710 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2018  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2018 -- Australia, 30 dollars:

Learn More...
United States
75094 Posts
Learn More...
United States
75094 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  12:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let us not be shy here. I hope to have a few more 2018 posted before Monday!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1611 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mysilveryears to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Recent pocket change
Here's lookin' at ya

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4552 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a lot of 2018 BUT the only one I have pics of

Pillar of the Community
United States
892 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2018 Breast Cancer Awareness Uncirculated Dollar:

I'm excited for this thread!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12503 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2018  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm excited for this thread!

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
2673 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

EDIT:
Russia, 25 rubles 2018, first coin in the series commemorating the (currently ongoing) 2018 Football World Cup.
This type was officially released as early as December 2016 (!!), and hit the stores by February 2017 (at which point I bought the coin pictured here, for use as a pocke piece; turns out that the material barely wears, and me misplacing all of my pocket pieces for the entire second half of 2017 didn't help matters much).

...Sorry for the late post, by the way. I only arrived back to Moscow (by train) at 5:40 in the morning (10:40 PM EDT), but even so, I expected to be able to comfortably post a long detailed reply by several minutes before midnight EDT.
However, due to some confusion on arrival (perfectly avoidable, and mostly my fault, but I didn't realize that until it was too late), I was unable to get home until 6:57 (i.e. 11:57 PM EDT), and it was already 7:01 (i.e. a minute after midnight EDT) by the time I made it to the browser. Thus the hasty post edited later.
Edited by january1may
06/25/2018 12:15 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5710 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  01:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2017 -- UK 5 pounds (2oz Ag):

Pillar of the Community
United States
892 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2017-S Enhanced Uncirculated Half Dollar:

Learn More...
United States
75094 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5388 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2017 Great Britain Isaac Newton commemorative 50p:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5710 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2016 -- Australia, 10 dollars (10 Oz Ag):

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5388 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
UK "Team GB" 50p 2016:

Valued Member
United States
213 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2018  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollectionMaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sacagewea $1 NIFC

Page: of 302 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05