Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2006 (Penny) No P Or Royal Mark And Non Magnetic ?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2020  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Springer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are just as elusive as the 1943 copper Lincoln cent , same type of issue - note : in 2006 the Canadian government was thinking of a way to remedy the issue of how to cost effectively produce the Canadian cent at a reasonable price as did the U.S. ,So they experimented with different types of alloys and metals , considering it was costing them 2.7 cents in materials & labor to mint their Canadian cent.To which after trial and (error) they realized using a steel and zinc based coin was their best cost effective way they stuck with that coin. The other coins with copper mostly in them where sent out anyways because they could reuse the coin and they where already minted some not complete with the P or the RCM : note - if you have one of these non- magnetic No P or RCM they are worth money and as we all know today Canada does not have the CENT in the currency any longer."For anyone" in this forum to be misinformed of this elusive experimental coin now you know. Please know what you are talking about before you cause someone to believe they do not have a rare find.
Edited by Springer
01/23/2020 12:10 pm
Valued Member
Canada
411 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2020  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Springer to the forum,

The 2006 No P, no RCM non magnetics are not worth money, in MS67 condition your looking at $50 tops on a really good day and that is if you are lucky and find a buyer.

The coin you want to look for that is worth a lot is the 2006 P - NON Magnetic and the 2006 No RCM or P - Magnetic coming in second.

2006 P - Non Magnetic in MS65 = $1,440
2006 No Logo No P - Magnetic in MS65 = $249

None of the non magnetic 2006 cents are worth more than face value unless you have a very noticeable error.

The NON Magnetic 2006 is not "rare" at all and even the standard 2006 P magnetic is worth more than the standard 2006 non magnetic no logo no P.

They say coin roll hunting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get.... I think it went something like that, I was too busy looking at coins.

This is my very first error coin I found that got me hooked.
- 1989 Belize 25 Cent's with a Doubled Die Reverse http://goccf.com/t/362747
Edited by JohnWayne007
01/23/2020 1:45 pm
Learn More...
United States
82130 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1721 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
and if I end up with a nice payday ill be sure to rub it in
its been a year and half since you said that ,still havent heard the good news on this one yet.
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (under construction)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1721 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Please know what you are talking about before you cause someone to believe they do not have a rare find.

i will sell you a couple thousand of these for $1 each and if you want more I will get you more in fact I have complete mint rolls I will give you a deal on those only $40 a roll
please know what you are talking about before you tell the people who know what theyre talking about that we dont know what were talking about
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (under construction)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1563 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JohnWayne, the list price on the 2006P non mag may be $1440.....but good luck in trying to find one at any price. These are very elusive coins.
Valued Member
Canada
411 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Smallcentguy, I totally agree. I know the 2006P non magnetic is elusive and I cant say for certain how much of a premium it would go for so I used the listed price as a standard estimate to compare the two 2006 pennies that are worth a premium. I'm sure if one popped up on the market it could easily go past that estimate if someone was willing to pay.
They say coin roll hunting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get.... I think it went something like that, I was too busy looking at coins.

This is my very first error coin I found that got me hooked.
- 1989 Belize 25 Cent's with a Doubled Die Reverse http://goccf.com/t/362747
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 5.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05