Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are these good buys or deals?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17184 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And why I don't buy from eBay.
just carl
Learn More...
United States
14547 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  09:46 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best offer on auctions is sort of new.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5598 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey... this was me!

Why did I go for it and offer what I did?

Seeing this on eBay (I check halves daily), I emailed and asked for specifics.

I was told every P&D made was there, and most were from mint sets.

I needed all the NIFC from 2012 up, I wanted the mint set pieces to upgrade all my P&Ds, I could sell the silvers I replaced, and I was about to buy 100 half dollar capsules anyway.

I said I would go 85.00, to test the waters. She said she was thinking 150.00. I said I would not go that high. She said to make another offer. I told her the most I was willing to go would be 90.00, thanks anyway, and I hope she got what she wanted from them. She took it.

When they got here, I noted the 1966 and 1967 are SMS, and only about one or two are probably not from a mint set. They also came shipped in 5 Airtite capsule storage tubes.

I have yet to check them for varieties, but there are quite a few upgrades I can tell by quickly having gone through most.

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Edited by Earle42
07/09/2018 12:12 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8440 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's funny. I actually made a $60 offer on them.
Congratulations to our "carmine-hosed Boston warriors"! 2018 World Champions

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United States
642 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
noblenumismatist; DO NOT EVER write a post on any items you are looking at (thinking of buying) on eBay. It may or may not have caused you to lose out on the Kennedys, but it's always better NOT to have more people interested in an item.

I rarely post my thoughts on any coin I'm interested in, and feel that I've saved lots of $$ this way. If there's something on eBay that is interesting, I'll either make a post if I'm not interested in buying it, or wait until after the item is sold to share my thoughts.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8440 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't say never post potential purchases. It happens all the time, especially to get authenticity opinions, and that's an important part of what the community provides.

The offer I submitted was essentially face value for the coins, and I was pretty sure it would be declined. Earle42 obviously didn't even see this topic before buying them, so I don't see any ill intent there.

I'm sure many of us are frequently, if not obsessively, scanning eBay for deals.
Congratulations to our "carmine-hosed Boston warriors"! 2018 World Champions

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05