Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking for ideas on ways to use all those searched penny rolls?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  07:34 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mtravao3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Well here is an idea. Today I poured resin on this round table to seal it. I'm curious if there are any other coin crafters out there? What's your craft?

Valued Member
United States
154 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that is really nice! Where did you get the coins for the table? Did you look for BU and AU cents or did you just take them as they came? Any idea how many coins you used to make that design?
And by the way.....
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17017 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

However, now no way to cash them in if you need money.
just carl
Learn More...
United States
61315 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well here is an idea. Today I poured resin on this round table to seal it.
Looking good!

Quote:
I'm curious if there are any other coin crafters out there? What's your craft?
Not mine, but...
http://goccf.com/t/133639
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Years ago, long before getting restarted collecting coins I made a plaque with my daughter's name on it, a 1x10x16" using quarters, dimes, nickels and cents gatherered from circulation and a couple of rolls even. This was about 1993 or 1994. It was used over the door to her new bedroom I had just made in the basement. She still has it on a shelf in her home today... been meaning to check some of them each time I'm there but forget. Oh, BTW, her birthday was 1982, wouldn't it just get me if there's an 82D small date copper glued and sealed under 3 coats of polyurethane!

Edited by Crazyb0
07/10/2018 11:58 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1151 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I made a table top and a set of coasters. The pennies on the table are merely glued to a piece of posterboard and sandwiched between two sheets of acrylic. They can be removed and spent without too much trouble. The coasters have no protective surface at all, just glued to the (spray-painted) cork, and they corroded pretty quickly but still look kinda cool.

Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (Bust era), Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Learn More...
United States
61315 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
4089 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am really impressed with those tables, mtravao3 and Alpha2814!

Of course, with the old British pre-decimal pennies, you can even cover a car!

(Mini on display at The Royal Mint)
Edited by NumisRob
07/10/2018 3:16 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1151 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That car is a piece of work! So is the table in the OP -- I really like the pattern (which I didn't have patience for on my own) and the steel cent in the center is a great choice.
Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (Bust era), Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Learn More...
United States
61315 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Of course, with the old British pre-decimal pennies, you can even cover a car!
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
10,000 years from now somebody will be trying to strip away the resin of your table for the coins due to the rest of our coins having rotted away, yours will still be preserved.
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bet with all that extra baggage, thet Mini don't get very good gas mileage...
Learn More...
United States
61315 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably no worse than it does with an above average heavy driver.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1599 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2018  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jfransch to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We must not forget the "Silver Queen" when we discuss coins as art projects

3,261 Silver Dollars and 28 $20 gold Double Eagles.
"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Learn More...
United States
61315 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05