Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1976 D Nickel with crack maybe?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
46 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  3:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wooden1165 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This like on either side of the head looks very symmetrical but it doesn't go through his head. What do yall think?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7572 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first thought was PMD, but it is odd how they line up. Have you created an overlay to see if this could be a die clash?

Added: see for example this prior CCF thread: http://goccf.com/t/296745
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry Tudor (the lawyer not the king)
Edited by Spence
07/11/2018 3:09 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30597 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is part of a die clash.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
07/11/2018 3:08 pm
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wooden1165 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the reverse of it. How much do you think thisone would be worth?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8275 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have a nice Die Clash. Very nice find and congratulations!
Errors and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6115 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yeah - some clash evidence on the reverse also! Nice find!
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell all my coins for what I told her I paid for them.

Working on Whitman Large Cent date set album 1793-1857 (57 holes filled of 64 total) now come the "toughies" - yikes!
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wooden1165 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much! Is that a rare find? We have looked through our whole gallon jug of coins! We are looking to find out the worth of the coin,and if we can sell this coin. How would you guys go about doing that?
Edited by Wooden1165
07/11/2018 6:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6115 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thank you so much! Is that a rare find?

Hard to say about a rare find but unfortunately not worth much.
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell all my coins for what I told her I paid for them.

Working on Whitman Large Cent date set album 1793-1857 (57 holes filled of 64 total) now come the "toughies" - yikes!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2861 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Mark, although a nice Clash,but not worth much. Condition is everything, your coin is considered a low grade one. But it is a keeper.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6115 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
We are looking to find out the worth of the coin,and if we can sell this coin. How would you guys go about doing that?

Well actually, like said before - this should be a hobby not an expectation for income! If you want to sell on eBay making 1-2$ minus postage and fees go for it - have fun, not a money making hobby

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8275 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
not a money making hobby

With Mark. It's a very fun hobby to get into though! Just have fun with the hobby.
Errors and Varietys.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30597 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you had an extreme clash, then everyone would want it.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
07/11/2018 9:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2861 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coop, I want that one.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05