Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help on Constitution coin display Article 1 Section 8 paragraph 5

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
9 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  2:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jed293256 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello I need some help on a coin display . I never have seen one and I couldn't find any information on the web . I don't know the coins are real but if they are then be worth a lot of money . Take a look at the pictures and see what you think . I would appreciate any info you give me. Thank you in advance , Jed

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9062 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jed, I can't imagine that they are real. Maybe the only person ever to have owned all of those was King Farouk of Egypt.
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1221 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there anywhere on the display that shows a copyright date or who produced the artwork/layout that the pieces are mounted on? You might have to open the door, if it's printed on the edge somewhere. I'm guessing there's nothing on the back or you can't get to that.
Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (Bust era), Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ka-ching...Ka-ching...Ka-lunck! That was the sound of my adding machine attempting to add these up but it broke when it went into the 10 digit range...(1 Billion!). I think some of those gold planks are just a guessed at rendition, there really isn't an actual example outside of a museum somewhere! So yeah, it is a contemporary repro, most folks call "exonumia", and is collectable to a degree, but not in the "quit your day job" range!
Learn More...
United States
63364 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
5449 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoever restained it did a lousy job.
They stained over the hinges, the keyhole cover
and ended up getting stain on the paper.
To me that cabinet does not look antique, maybe mid 20th century.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7301 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All the coins inside are reproductions of rare coins.
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1171 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From the photo, I wouldn't hazard a firm opinion about these coins. But, if I had a half-million coin like a Brasher Doubloon, I'd make sure I spelled it right on the display.

It is an interesting conversation piece in any event.

Edit:
to the forum, Jed!
Edited by Bump111
07/12/2018 5:08 pm
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jed293256 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know they're repos. Whoever made them did a good job. I bet it took a few hours to make them. Do you think they worth 75 bucks? Thanks a lot everyone for the info, JED
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14675 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen one of those before. All the coins are poor quality copies (unmarked as it predates the HPA)
Gary Schmidt
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05