Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

High End Proof 1895 Barber Quarter

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
639 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2018  11:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Thoughts? Looking for opinions on eye appeal and grade. I recently sold most of my coin and knife collection for a few real big ones that I like. Will need a break from buying for a while after this.

View Collection: jbknifeandcoin.com
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11053 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2018  11:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure what you paid, but it's a great coin and very hard to get CAC on high end grades like that
Pillar of the Community
United States
639 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2018  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
6900 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2018  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic coin. Wish I had one like that...

IMO, super eye appeal and accurate grade.
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
704 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2018  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add two_tonevf35 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Impossible to photo what that truly looks like in hand but appreciate you trying. Having seen a few (more halves than quarters) in that eschalon with that kind of toning, you have quite a stunner there.

TrueView pics have always seemed kind of cartoonish for lack of a better word.
PCGS submissions 2005-2018. Mailings(21) Orders(43) / 249 coin attempts. 12 Fails(5%) / Member vouchers(19%) Economy(62%) Regular(13%) Free(3%) Express(3%) / Barber 50c (46%) Classic Commemorative (38%) Hawaii(3%) SCD (6%) Other(3%)/ Fails: Cleaned(2) Alt surfaces(1) Scratch(1) Damage(1) "86"(3) 2 Columbian & 1 BTW; Min Grade(2) DNC(2)-Same coin NGC XF40 Barber 50c. Express fees paid by seller (cross guarantee). Kept the coin & later submitted raw: PCGS XF40 [eyeroll] Fails: Econ(8) Regular(2) Express(2)/// Other TPGs: ICG (2011-2018): 35/35 NGC: 0 ANACS: 0
Pillar of the Community
United States
8747 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2018  12:49 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gorgeous piece that appears to be all of a 67+. With only 4 finer you wonder if it might make 68 someday?
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
1151 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2018  02:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on a stunning coin! Definitely challenging to photograph a beautifully toned proof in a slab...
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11053 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2018  02:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I get what you're saying, but it was really just a choice to try and show the color. Phil is actually really easy to work with and any time a picture doesn't seem right does his best to make it right.

He can be contacted directly and I do have a lot of respect for how he tries to make it right with people with a grievance.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5843 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2018  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a beautiful coin. Having said that there appears to be a fingerprint behind liberty's cap and some disturbance in the color/toning in the right obverse field. I still think it deserves it's holdered grade. Eye appeal is off the charts.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
29591 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2018  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats, just a sight to behold,
Pillar of the Community
United States
639 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2018  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not really sure why this was moved to grading? The grade was revealed with the first post but more looking to see if people agree and have any comments as I like all opinions, but I don't think as many people will see it here.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1118 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  12:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hadleydog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pop 6 with only 4 finer, gorgeous toning, deep clear mirrors and cac approved?
That coin is an absolute monster in my books.

Quote:

Seriously? The true-view is almost a perfect match to the third obverse image provided by the op.
Edited by hadleydog
08/10/2018 02:22 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
822 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is quite the stunning coin! I'm sure it was worth every penny, even if it means taking a break from buying for a while!
Searching for some US modern coins (cents through dollars) via my want list.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2862 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow that is a beautiful coin!
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Valued Member
United States
232 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2018  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmwilson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a truly great coin!
Beautiful...
Pillar of the Community
United States
3060 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2018  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Prethen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely a killer coin!
Specializing in 2-3-20 cent pieces and 19th Century Proofs
Did someone mention 3CN?
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05