Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1849 Shilling with nice Die crack on A  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Canada
11 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2018  09:44 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Digs to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Could I get some opinions on grade and value? Thank you!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2067 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2018  10:08 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow triple rotated clashes. And a broke up die about the A. Very interesting coin. EF40 cleaned in my opinion.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1124 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
aEF in my opinion. Possibly cleaned but hard to say from the photos.
Nice coin anyway - pre-1870s British silver isn't usually this well preserved.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1700 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2018  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find and great add to a collection
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA Number: 3178122
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Valued Member
United Kingdom
103 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2018  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

As to value - difficult to be precise. I can see one much worse recently sold for £34, and another in similar grade which was listed at £395 but accepted an offer less than that - we can't see what. My gut feel would be around the £100 mark.
Pity it is not 1850 - that is a key date and would make a lot more.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05