Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dansco 7070 Us Type Gold Page - Raw Or Slabbed

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
4742 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2018  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I decided to fill the gold page of my 7070 album, I bought all the coins at once from a reputable bullion dealer. As a result, they were all raw, but I was confident that at least they weren't counterfeit. It was a pretty big purchase for me at the time, but I've spent more just on silver bars and other bullion.

Later, when I decided to digitize my entire 7070 album, I added a few more gold coins that the album didn't have holes for (The Type II Indian Head Dollar and the $3 Gold Piece). Because these were rarer coins not being sold as bullion, I did get examples that were slabbed and graded to ensure authenticity.

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Learn More...
United States
79391 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4057 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2018  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice gold set
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2019  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
barryg, that's a sweet gold page.

i went to dansco directly, but they are sold out of their gold page. I signed on to the 'alert me' for it.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10418 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2019  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't even see a gold page listed on eBay (except for an entire album with coins!). Not that I'll be getting those coins anytime soon, it seems Dansco needs to get on the ball. I don't understand ignoring your market and customer base.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12800 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  02:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
i went to dansco directly, but they are sold out of their gold page. I signed on to the 'alert me' for it.

There is no direct way for consumers to order from Dansco. The album store web page you are thinking of is a separate reseller

Quote:
it seems Dansco needs to get on the ball. I don't understand ignoring your market and customer base.

I'm almost positive their albums are a essentially a side business for them. Their main business is something along the lines of corporate printing
Fire A.J. Preller
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  05:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes, dansco album store is where I went. I created an account, shopped and found nothing to buy. so I wait.
Learn More...
United States
79391 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There is no direct way for consumers to order from Dansco.
Actually, there is.... maybe...

You have to contact them directly old-school methods... phone and snail-mail.

I bought some custom binders from them many years ago. I said maybe because time has passed and they might tell you to get bent today. But really, that is the worse that can happen...

Dansco Corporation
(323) 734-6373
4313 W Jefferson Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90016

Quote:
The album store web page you are thinking of is a separate reseller
Correct, the album store is not Dansco. Says so right at the bottom of their page.
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2019  04:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yep. there's a tiny link at the bottom of the page which brings up more reading on it. it's a US Modern Coins, Inc., website & operation, not dansco corp.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10418 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2019  04:40 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm almost positive their albums are a essentially a side business for them. Their main business is something along the lines of corporate printing

That's basically what I have read before and understand to be the case. It still doesn't make sense to me to ignore blatant demands for certain albums and/or pages. I have tried Whitman and Dansco albums, and I prefer Dansco for quality. But, they are putting me in a sticky situation with no support. In my opinion, Dansco has a slightly superior product but they are letting it go to waste. Is Whitman losing so much money that Dansco cannot feasibly invest in the business? It's just disappointing to me (and many others). In the end, so be it. If they want to exit the market, others are ripe and ready to take their place.

-Lucretius
-Kurdt Kobain
Learn More...
United States
79391 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2019  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have said this once, twice, oh, at least three times...

Dansco probably feels burdened by the low margin coin album business (compared to their corporate jobs). They probably have no problem making them, they just do not want to maintain (update pages, new series, etc.), market, and distribute them.

So they should just license the name to Whitman and let them do all the boring design, marketing, and support stuff. Dansco will make the albums for Whitman (to their specifications, like updated pages to add all the fun things the Mint is throwing at us). Then Whitman will have a premium MADE IS USA album line to offer its distribution channel.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10418 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  03:28 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds good to me, jbuck. The 7070 albums are available with the last "Modern" page, but no gold page can be had, even though it hasn't changed since...

Just don't leave everyone hanging, is all I would ask.
-Lucretius
-Kurdt Kobain
Valued Member
United States
397 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, some real dazzlers in this thread, enjoyed them, Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1466 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gold coin pages look fantastic!

I have 5 year goal to get that "started"
"Completed Dansco 7070 US type album. Upgrades to come"
http://goccf.com/t/325884

If you SEE a post milestone, 250, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10K+, click below.
http://goccf.com/t/316031#2688706
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05