Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1961 D Lincoln Memorial Cent B/U Roll: FS-501, RPM-004 And RPM-047

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 1,039Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2380 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2018  12:13 am Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Really hit a good roll with the 1961-D I just checked. Pretty nice coins and 18 RPM's of three "best of" varieties including two of the lovely D over horizontal D.

1961 D over horizontal D RPM-001, FS-501 stage C

1961 D/D RPM-004 stage B

1961 D/D RPM-047 stage C

Pillar of the Community
United States
556 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2018  01:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wrongnumber to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's awesome bud. Between these & those albums , winning ! Interested your shooting rig, sharp. Pm me, viewing also or only pics?

Pillar of the Community
United States
1899 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2018  02:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh man I'm jealous I've been looking for the fs 501 for a while. Just can't find BU rolls of the 61 D like I can on 1960 D. Congrats on the great finds nice roll
Pillar of the Community
United States
2380 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2018  02:45 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PM sent to wrongnumber. And Mrz I have plenty of 1961-D to deal with right now! I bought about 35 rolls of the things from a guy's closet for two bucks a roll. Most all are really nice coins, but oddly not all from the same mint bag. After finding that rolls with all those RPMs I figured surely there'd be more where they came from, but no. While I still have hope and some 25 more rolls to go through, most rolls have been fairly unique dies with just one set recurring and not much in it. So far I have pulled out:

RPM-001 stage C (x2)
RPM-001 stage E (x1)
RPM-004 stage B (x9)
RPM-047 stage C (x7)
WDDO-005 (x1)
and two likely new DDO dies. A minor extra crossbar of the last T in TRUST and an odd one that looks like a spiffy doubling of the last 1 of the date but could be a gouge.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1899 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2018  03:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds and sweet 2 new DDO that's awesome. Well good luck on the 25 more rolls. Let us know what else you pull out.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1422 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2018  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that's the best photo I've seen of the date and mm area of the D/Horizontal D. Thanks for posting this!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2883 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2018  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add uruman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
great find tropicalbats, early this year I found like 67 of the 001's in about 20 unc rolls of 1961 d I got my hand on, so they're out there waiting to be found
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2018  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome finds and congratulations tropicalbats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2380 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2018  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The more rolls I pull out the more I find. The box is mixed with 1960-P rolls, but I separated them and still have 31 rolls of 1961-D to look at even after going through a bunch last night. End results as of last night add:

RPM-012 (x1)
RPM-037 (x1)
RPM-028 (x6)
another likely minor new DDO doubling on top of L in LIBERTY
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2018  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow tropicalbats! It seems like you are doing very well with those rolls! You've gotten pretty lucky!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2380 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2018  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Final update:

Total rolls: 46 whew!

RPM-001, FS-501: 29
RPM-004 48
RPM-010 1
RPM-016 1
RPM-020 1
RPM-038 1
RPM-047 47
RPM-048 5
WDDO-005 1
poss new RPM 1
poss new DDO 3

And that's the story of the closet full of 1961-D rolls. Anyone want to buy any rolls of 1961-D cents? Left a lot of split serifs in there for the next searcher as it was enough to hit the easy to figure out stuff.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1899 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2018  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Man lucky 29 fs 501s congrats on the nice haul and hope you get the new listings for doubled dies and rpms
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45091 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2018  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Take your time selling the 001's. When the market is flooded, the price drops fast. Mix and match 4 RPMs for $XX. Make the selection so you can farm out the better RPMs with some less desirable ones. that is how I would do it.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
2380 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2018  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I just tossed up one nice one to get started trimming the herd, but I am going to start doing more group sales with RPMs as they are too time-consuming to photograph for the couple bucks they sell for. I want to make them available to collectors as I know from experience how hard it is to find non-major varieties you need for your collection that aren't worth anyone's time to photograph and sell. Maybe the 4 at a time thing would work. But yes, can't let them all out in a hurry.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
828 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2018  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Acres and acres of repunched mintmarks pa! Bats will pm ya I need a bu 1961 D over horz D hard to believe but that's one I don't have and have never found. What a trove man brilliant.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 1,039Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05