Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2018 RCM Master Club Free Coin

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Canada
342 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2018  8:02 pm Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just got this in my Email that a FREE coin is on it's way before it's officially launched to other Masters Club members or the public. It says that to check your mailbox starting September 19. Wonder what it could be. Any ideas.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6391 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2018  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good news.
Probably additional "Scalloped" coin. With not bad design, but not great. 4000 - 6000 mintage, will be offered by dealers for CAD 90-100 bit later.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2474 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2018  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably one of those scalloped coins like the Master of the Sky Goose coin or Orca coin. Not worth much, lucky if you get 50% of "issue" value if you re-sell. Which is typical of "free" things.

Got the same email which shows a maple leaf.

Edited by MoneyPenney
09/11/2018 9:12 pm
Valued Member
Canada
179 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2018  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whomever gets this coin first, please post a pic. I don't expect to be first as I am on the left edge of the left coast.
Valued Member
Canada
211 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2018  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I heard it might be "2018 $20 38mm 9999Ag - Iconic Maple Leaves", item NO. 167950. This was showing up in some folks order history today with a $0 price.
Edited by rjlavoie
09/14/2018 10:50 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1170 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2018  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
got an order coming to me Item #167950 no picture attached - but the cost I like - $0.00 (shipping included)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4038 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2018  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Use to be kind of proud to receive a gift coin the RCM but now it feels like you spent too much!
Valued Member
Canada
342 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2018  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@rjlavoie

Quote:

Quote:
I heard it might be "2018 $20 38mm 9999Ag - Iconic Maple Leaves", item NO. 167950. This was showing up in some folks order history today with a $0 price.

You're absolutely right. I just checked my order history and Thank god it's not another scalloped coin.

On the other hand,
I wont be getting anymore free coins as I'm done with collecting from the RCM. Everything is just to darn expensive and just not worth spending thousands just to get a $100 coin. I'm in the process of looking for someone to buy my entire collection. Tried eBay, but their fees are ridiculous. Anyone interested.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2196 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2018  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Check canadian_coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm in the process of looking for someone to buy my entire collection. Tried eBay, but their fees are ridiculous. Anyone interested.

Fees are definitely a factor to consider. IMO, however you decide to sell it will be difficult to unload everything all at once unless you are prepared to reduce your price significantly. I'm using eBay's 50 free insertion per month option so I only pay a fee if I sell which is typically 10%. Granted, these add up but eBay is still a good option to consider.

Selling is all about timing and right now unfortunately, the timing is not good for NCLTs. While base metal keeps going down (silver is now down to $14.25 US!!), the RCM keeps increasing their prices. A 2 oz mickey mouse coin is $225 CAN... OMG that's 12x the price of base metal!

Good luck!

A picture is worth a thousand words.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6391 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2018  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Tried eBay, but their fees are ridiculous.

Consider yourself very lucky, if you worry about fees only.

Let's say, if you own almost each and every coin, issued recently by RCM (just example), your asking price for 90% of the coins should be 75% of issue with the Best Offer, and be ready to accept offers of 50% from the issue.
This way you might sell your collection in a year, maybe.

In general, like you said, the interest is extremely low or none to pay prices close to issue price.

Saying all above - don't take the loss as disappointment, but as the price of owning nice coins.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3883 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2018  12:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm in the process of looking for someone to buy my entire collection.

It's always saddens me a bit when I hear of someone who has lost interest in their collection.

Coin collecting has many great aspects to it. The history it can teach, the exposure to the work of different artists it can provide and the sense of pride it can offer when a difficult set is completed over time are just a few.

I hope you find another aspect of the hobby that interests you enough to start a new collection and that you find it more rewarding than NCLT.

Best of luck!

Collecting history, one commemorative coin (or medal) at a time!
Original content (c) Commems, 2012-2018
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2474 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2018  03:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm in the process of looking for someone to buy my entire collection. Tried eBay, but their fees are ridiculous. Anyone interested.

I think it would be very difficult to sell an entire collection assuming it is a large expensive one. People will likely only want certain popular coins.

Still, you could give it a try on this forum. Why don't you list what you have to sell?

Barring this, there is no alternative to eBay since dealers will only give a fraction of what coins are worth. 10% eBay and 3% PayPal is nothing as long as you can sell them.

It will take very long to sell everything on eBay. Perhaps years depending on how many coins you have. Start high but gradually reduce prices. For popular coins, start at full issue prices. For less popular coins, start at 75% of issue price.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4038 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2018  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You think eBay fees are tough, as I mentioned before at the last Torex show the good dealers wouldn't make any offers on non popular NCLT coins and sets while some dealers offered bullion value only, that is sad but understandable, every month 10 to 20 new coins many with reworked themes. The dealers said other than a few items like the baby sets and the odd hot NCLT they have a large assortment with no demand.
Valued Member
Canada
342 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2018  09:42 am  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your inputs. Since 2016 I had a store and sold on eBay. I sold roughly 60 thousand dollars US. The items sold were highly sought after items , about half of my collection (excluding my personal coin/paper money collection which is worth much more and not for sale). It's not that I lost interest in coin collecting, it's just the fact that what is coming out of the RCM of late is repetitive and prices just keep going up. Many items are just plainly uninteresting. I have to many items to list here and would take a lot of my time at the moment (Down sizing from a house to a condo). I am considering to sort my items and have 3 or 4 dealers in consideration. I know they will all low ball me, but that would be a quick way to unload many of my items at once even though I would be taking a considerable loss. Another reason for selling is the fact that I'm moving into a condo and just won't have the space for them. I am still selling a few items at a time on eBay (no store) and it is a painfully slow process to sell at the moment. Thanks again for all your feedback.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1170 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2018  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collecting coins is a hobby for a person who has a job. Once you retire - you can take your time selling your coins (also considered a hobby) at your leisure. If you sell them at roughly the same rate as you acquired them, you should do all right. Think of other hobbies and/or sports - costing thousands of dollars, then when you stop, you might have a few bucks worth of used gear - but otherwise nothing. At least with numismatics - there will always be some kind of return, if only bullion value.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
559 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2018  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Electrum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What's with the brutally low price of silver at the moment? Yet no price drop on NCLTs
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05