Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

HI Folks I Definitely Need Help On My Microscope

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 975Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
164 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2018  5:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add stevieb to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My plugable microscope now shows only a video of my face. I bought a new one but it didn't fix the problem. Any input would be much appreciated
Learn More...
United States
16100 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2018  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
are you lookin' in the wrong end?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26753 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2018  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you know how the problem started? That's pretty weird.
More information about Die Deterioration? http://goccf.com/t/317950
Retired U.S. Mint Coin Die Set information. http://goccf.com/t/302961
Machine Doubling Tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/332421
Die states progression on coins. Scroll down, so you can see the different die state progressions. http://goccf.com/t/325638
Die Deterioration Doubling Tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/336470
Split Plate Doubling Tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/357614
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2018  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Parameters.... What is your device, computer or tablet, what brand, OS level. Are you plugged into USB 2.O or USB 3.0 port.?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13450 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2018  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Re read directions carefully ,your obviously doing something wrong or plugging into wrong port .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2018  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevieb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi folks. It just started all by it's self. I'm not sure what the os level is all about. It's virtually impossible to contact Plugable Technologies. I see some very nice photos on this site so if anybody can make a recommendation about another device I would switch this device for something else.
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2018  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most scopes come with a CD ROM install disc. You may have to remove the old program prior to installing the new disc. If you have a computer, it is a Plug & Play device which should be automatically recognized by your system Operating System OS whether it be Windows7/10 or Apple iOS.

It sounds like you still are running through the old programming. I have two scopes on mine and can switch between scope programs to use either one.
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2018  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevieb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Crazyb0 I can remove the old software if you can recommend another scope.
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2018  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First off, what are you connecting a scope to? Then I may be able to walk you through some things. There are some devices like a Chromebook that a scope isn't meant to hook up to.
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2018  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SteveieB...KNOW what your problem is. Follow this. When you access your scope program, you should pull up the screen with what is "active view" of device CHOSEN". I bet you are on a laptop, correct? The device chosen is your Webcam, (that dot in center top of outside edge of your computer screen).

You need to access the "Setup" menu, this is the Gear icon on the action bar next to where you would click to take a picture. This will pull up a screen that tells you just what size pix are being taken (Resolution)and by what device. there is a box that says "Device", pull down the tab, and make sure you are NOT on "Integrated Webcam" and select the proper device, as "USB Microscope" or "USB 2.0 camera"

Why you see yourself is this setting is on Webcam, not USB Scope. If this was the problem with the first scope, it is the SAME deal, Scopes aren't bad, neither of them.

Ya owe me a beer!
Edited by Crazyb0
10/01/2018 12:09 am
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevieb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your advice. I'm going to try some of these recommendations.
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2018  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevieb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi folks, when you plug in the scope a window opens where the coin shows. If you click on settings there is a small box that says integrated microscope or something like that. Only two choices. They are labeled backwards and if you switch them it will work.
Learn More...
United States
86481 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 975Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05