Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2004 P Michigan State Quarter 9% un-centered broad strike

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
797 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  10:31 am Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just a nice looking broad strike. The coin has no reeding at all. Part of a large lot of error coins I recently bought.

2004-P Michigan State Quarter 9% un-centered broad strike.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2140 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  10:32 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice error coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3368 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent pick up, it is a nice looking off center
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12967 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  10:33 am  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice error coin tropicalbats! It seems that you got a good lot of nice error coins.
Errers and Varietys.

More information about Die Deterioration? http://goccf.com/t/317950

Retired U.S. Mint Coin Die Set information. http://goccf.com/t/302961
Pillar of the Community
United States
3601 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not into error coins so I have a questions.

Does your coin have reeding?
I ask because I thought a "broad strike" meant being struck out of the collar.
Although being that much off center I suspect there's no reeding.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
797 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  11:21 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kanga. I noted in my description that the coin has no reeding at all. So yes, it is a broad strike, and not an off center. Also traditionally to be an off center it would need to have at least some of the devices missing off the edge.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6217 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find!
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Pillar of the Community
United States
595 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Check HoboNickelCarver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very Nice!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28887 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Impressive for sure.
Valued Member
United States
397 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like this one a lot. The error is subtle but significant.
Edited by thisistheshow
10/11/2018 1:02 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
671 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add robmck1967 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05