Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Picked up 16 penny rolls from the bank

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
114 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  11:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add WreckItRalph to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

So it's been awhile since it posted....got some extra time today so wanted to share a pick up I did at my local bank.

16 penny rolls each one dated on the outside. I haven't opened any of them. Just wanted to see what should I look for on these. Or if it's even worth my time opening them.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8824 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmmmm cool pickup. IMO definitely someone's collection dumped for any number of (most likely) unfortunate, sad reasons.

It's most likely $8 of cents... but hey, they're all copper! Personally I'd just add them to my copper "stash".

I don't mean to sound glib as I know you're asking for advice, but I honestly don't know off the top of my head if there are valuable varieties in the dates you have other than the 69-s, which you've already set aside, so you clearly know something about this.

Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1796NoPole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are they uncirculated rolls by any chance?
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2018  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WreckItRalph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CelticKnot-

I really wasnt sure about the 1969 S until I looked in the Red Book.
I probably will just open a few just to see their condition.

1796NoPole-
Not sure if they are uncirculated, I'm opening a 1959 one just to check and since there is more of those.
Will post a pic shortly
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2018  12:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WreckItRalph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
3453 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2018  12:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A 1959 Wheat cent would be a nice one to find!

Quite a score getting those rolls from the bank. You should go get more.
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2018  12:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1796NoPole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All blazing reds too! Excellent find. Are all the rolls like that?
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2018  01:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WreckItRalph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll see if I have time to double check tomorrow during my lunch.

For the most part they all look like that.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24778 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2018  04:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a MM on those. Look for RPM's. I would open all the rolls and look for the usual stuff,RPM-DDO-DDR-errors-high grades etc.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9414 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2018  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice, put them on CCF for sale before you dump them .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
United States
2012 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2018  11:17 am  Show Profile   Check John77's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are more than likely ALL BU rolls.

Other than the 1969-S and 1971-S, they're all common dates... but you should be able to get a good premium for them. Last November, I found a similar dump of 58 Original bankwrapped rolls of cents from two banks including United California Bank - they weren't marked nor new though. A couple of BU rolls of 1973-D and 1974-D coins. There were almost a roll of wheat cents amongst them. It was like taking a time machine ride!

CRH Nickeloholic. On the way to 1,000,000 nickels searched in two years! Already have found TWO complete Jefferson sets over that time!
Edited by John77
10/12/2018 11:20 am
Learn More...
United States
63696 Posts
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  01:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WreckItRalph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Decided to crack open the 1969 S

Resulted in 37 BU

Haven't inspected all but this is one I found. Nothing big but looks like a cud on the rim, or am I seeing things.

Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  01:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WreckItRalph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone!!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24778 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  04:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a folded over rim fin to me.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Check HoboNickelCarver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very Nice WreckItRalph!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05